• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing Sako 85 Trigger Change Question

zog

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2019
I have two Sako 85 stainless 300 wsm rifles. Similar age 4-5 years old. Gonna keep one and sell the other. One has the two stage set trigger and the other has the single stage trigger. I want to swap triggers.

I have successfully installed after market triggers in Remington 700 and Winchester 70 using set pins. I can't find much info on Sako 85.

Before I tear into them, could someone tell me . . . if I am capable of the above two, should I be able to swap my Sako 85 triggers? Is it also a set-pin setup?

THANKS

Last edited:
Haha - here is where your accuflite link took me. I like the pretty Chinese woman but I don't like soccer.

1604960733442.png

Last edited:
Reactions: toader
Yep it can be done,
I have a vls and trigger was switched at beretta, had a warranty issue and the shipment for my replacement came with standard trigger. They swapped trigger out and sent it to me same day👍

Call JB at Accu-Flite Arms.....one of the biggest Sako dealers in Eastern US

Thanks I did talk with him - very good guy.

Ha - oh man, this is so easy it belongs in the "stupid questions" forum, not here!

I already knew how operate a 5mm allen key. Remove one cap screw (the big one in front of the trigger going up into the receiver) and the entire assembly comes off, safety and all. No pins to drive out and lose, no springs to go spro-o-ing! No bolt release slide (I already knew that). What a great setup.

Sako Trigger.jpg

Sako Trigger too.jpg

THANKS for the number Toader!

Last edited:
Reactions: toader
Thanks I did talk with him - very good guy.

Ha - oh man, this is so easy it belongs in the "stupid questions" forum, not here!

If you can operate an allen key, you just remove one cap screw (the big one in front of the trigger going up into the receiver) and the entire assembly comes off, safety and all. No pins to drive out and lose, no springs to go spro-o-ing! No bolt release slide (I already knew that). What a great setup.

View attachment 7467875

THANKS for the number Toader!
Glad it worked out for you!!!