• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sako Quad Price ?

donws2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2008
Mountain Rest, South Carolina
Hey Guys, Local Gun shop has the Quad on Clearance for 499.00 each. They have been retailing for close to 789.00. I'm very interested in buying one to study the switch barrel set up. Does the Clearance price sound good or can they be had cheaper? Also, Anyone buy a Lijia barrel for one and if so what has it shot like. My plan is to buy a 17 HM2 and then buy the Lijia 22LR barrel. I see no need for two barrels of the same calibre, just kind of defeats the purpose. Donald

Re: Sako Quad Price ?

Everybody has been clearanceing them off over the last year for ~$450 because Beretta will no longer be importing them. Thing is, they are almost all gone now. Whitickers still has some in .22WMR for $450 but by the time you pay shipping and transfer fees, you might as well get the local one for $500

I can't help you re: the Lijia barrel.

Re: Sako Quad Price ?

Well hell went by to do the deed and the sale does not start until thursday. The add stated the sale ends on the 22 and did not say when it stated. I'll go back on thursday and buy one. I did get to play with one for awhile today and must say the rifle looks well made. I'm not all that impressed with the stock. It's a hollow plastic type and could use some weight. Is the butt pad easy to remove and is there room for some weight and expanding foam? I did not get to remove a barral and am really interested it the indexing and retension system. How do you find piont of impact to be effected after a barrel swap? Thanks for the feed back. I'll keep doing research and see what others have done to mod. thier Quads. Donald