Sako TRG 22 Post 2013 Trigger Problem

kimbergoldmatch

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 31, 2019
Southeast
I have a problem with a post 2013 Sako TRG 22 trigger, I put 1,090 rounds through this rifle with zero issues then put it away about two years ago.

I pulled it out last weekend to go shoot, I ran a couple of patches through the barrel and scoped it to make sure it was clean and greased the appropriate spots on the bolt.

Upon checking function I found that I could close the bolt, pull the trigger and the firing pin would release but when I cycle the bolt again neither the trigger or safety function (can’t engage the safety).

I pulled the trigger out and didn’t see anything obvious but I proceeded to clean it with Gun Scrubber and blow it out with compressed air but it still didn’t function so I soaked it in Kroil thinking maybe there was some old grease in it gumming it up. After the Kroil I cleaned it with Gun Scubber again and blew it out. Same problem so I soaked it overnight in Naphtha, same problem.

Tonight I found that with the bolt open I could pull the trigger and heard another faint click and if I close the bolt the safety works and a pull of the trigger releases the firing pin but I have to do this second trigger pull to get the trigger to reset.

I checked the trigger pull and it’s 3-1/2 pounds.

Any TRG owners with the newer trigger run into this before?

Thanks