• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sauer str 200 going price

Re: Sauer str 200 going price

Do you have the 200 STR available in the US? Retail price for the STR 6,5x55 here in Norway is around $2000, brand new excl the stock. If you want the whole rifle, they sell for around $2500.

I am considering a STR build myself with a McMillan stock. It's a heavy system, but it's a very precise rifle. It also gives the opportunity to have several barrels for it in different calibers. For my build, I'll have one 6,5x55 barrel and one .308. It's the same bolt so they are easily interchanged.

-R

thank you for reply
yes they are available in Canada
like the 200 str with wood stock
want it with the peep sight set up that come with the rifle
and its available in left hand and with a 22 lr conversion
give me a idea before going shopping
the exporter here refuse to give me a approximate price
sauer200str.jpg

and the idea of changing barrel so easily is very attractive

The wood stock is nice, and it's the one supplied with the rifle. I prefer the McMillan one since it is slightly lighter.

The sights don't come with the rifle, they are accessories. The STR is made for competitive shooting, so you can basically tweak the entire rifle to your needs.

I believe the 22lr conversion kit is around $1000.

Available calibers are .223, 6,5x55 and .308 and of course the .22 LR conversion. It's a great value for money set up. For the .223 you'll need a different bolt.

-R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rassmussen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The wood stock is nice, and it's the one supplied with the rifle. I prefer the McMillan one since it is slightly lighter.

The sights don't come with the rifle, they are accessories. The STR is made for competitive shooting, so you can basically tweak the entire rifle to your needs.

I believe the 22lr conversion kit is around $1000.

Available calibers are .223, 6,5x55 and .308 and of course the .22 LR conversion. It's a great value for money set up. For the .223 you'll need a different bolt.

-R good info Rassmussen
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rassmussen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sauer 200 STR parts

Sauer 200 STR price list

The price list is in Norwegian, but the part number should match. Sauer parts from page 23. Prices are in Norwegian kroner inc 25% VAT, divide by 5,7 for price in USD. Won't be very accurate, but it will give you a ballpark price range.

Let me know if you need any help with the translation.
thank you I am spoiled
-R </div></div>

I asked for prices and availability for 200 STR earlier this year here in Finland. Delivery time minimum 6 months from order and 2800-3200 Euros were the numbers from several companies.

You could get them cehaper in Sweden and Norway where their prices are subsidized by local Target Shooting organisations like CMP does in the US. I doubt you can get the same prices if you are buying them for export.

A used sample would be the cheapest way to go. New drop-in barrels can be bought from Sauer or Border barrels.

Sauer had some delivery problems due to some factory issues but that is sorted now. Last time i checked, delivery was three weeks.

Well problem is that these rifles are in great demand, so it's hard to find a used one for sale. I still think the cheapest solution would be to buy the parts, and then build your own rifle.

It is true about the price of the rifle being subsidized, but only if you buy it through the specific organization. Members pay around $2700 for it. However, the prices I listed earlier are retail prices, and do not require that you are a member of this organization.

-R

In Sweden used ones are not hard to find. I have one and paid approx 1000 USD for it.

Alot more will probably come to the swedish used market shortly since the sad fact is that a lot of the original owners are getting quite old. The kind of shooting these rifles are used for in Sweden is on a decline and most participants where i live are 60 years plus (oldest one 91 years).

It is a very nice rifle, and the stock is very adaptable for different positions, shooters, etc. Highly recommended!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palle2612</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Til os i Norden

Is there any that got a picatinny rail for there STR 200,
From where and price....

Regards Palle
Danmark </div></div>

This is the one they sell at jaktdepotet.no.

viking-tech_sauer_skinne.jpg

Premier-STR.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palle2612</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great, have a friend who needs one, but can't find it on the page...

Regards Palle </div></div>

I suggest you just give them a call. You'll find their phone number on the webpage.

JO

What kind of mounts are you using together with the rail from skyttedepotet.no?
I am thinking of getting a S&B PMII 5-25x56 for my sauer 200 str and that rail, but I am not sure what 34mm mount would suit the rail the best. I am currently considering either the low warne mount ( but I am not sure if they are high enough for the housing) and the badger ordnance mount.
Maybe you could give me some advice
smile.gif

Best regards!
/Scratch