• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Savage 110 ba questions

loucksc3

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2010
Pa
hey guys, ive been a lurker for a while now so i decided to finally sign up. Ive been searching around for some info on here and tryed google and other forums and cant find any answers. ive been thinking about buying the savage 110 ba in 338LM (yes i know there's cheeper alternatives but price of ammo isnt a concern.) the only thing that bothers me with the savage is i cant get over the stock but the only thing that is selling me on this is the price. ive held my buddys 110 ba in the 300wm and it seems pretty solid, my question is there a stock replacement alternative? is the action the same as a regular 110 so it would be able to fit in a mcmillan stock? also do you think the 26" barrel length is to short for the 338lm? any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Savage 110 ba questions

Yes the action is the same as a standard 110 so I don't see why you couldn't put it in a Mcmillan. Also, you could take that top rail off the gun it helps make it look less cluttered which might cure the problem for you. I don't see too many guys going under 28" or so on 338 but I think Sako's come with 27" so it shouldn't be much different with 1" less. I see guys that really like this gun and especially for the money. You can't go wrong with a Savage IMO