• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Savage 12 F/TR 308 Rifle

AquaMan

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2006
NC
I'm thinking about picking up one of the Savage F/TR rifles. Does anyone have one of these? How do you like it?
I'm looking for a long range rifle out to 1000 yards.

Re: Savage 12 F/TR 308 Rifle

Dude I think you and wannashootit might have posted your threads at the exact same time because they are asking the same thing almost. Check out his thread I just commented on it, It might help. If you want 1000yd accuracy I wouldn't go with a .308. You can definitely get there with 308 but you could get a factory gun with a better suited caliber. Even a 110 in 300 Win Mag or 7 Rem Mag

Can the F/TR be used for real world shooting at long distance are is this model strictly for F class. I've been looking at this rifle for a long time.With the 30 inch heavy barrell it would have no problem at 1000 yards. Is there another model in 308 more suitable?

I have played with a couple and I do not see any reason you'd not like it for things outside of F class. For an out the box rifle at an affordable cost, it is tough to do much better.

The model 10 that comes in the hsp or mcm stock are worth a look as well IMHO.

For me it would all come down to what kind of deal I'd be getting.