• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Axis II XP + Magpul hunter lite upgrade

SquiresOutside

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2024
Canada
Good afternoon,

First post on here, couldn’t find any info on someone doing this!

I own a Ruger American Hunter in 308 win and it’s an absolute tax driver, but it’s quite heavy for longer walks in the prairies of Alberta.

I’m looking at grabbing a short action savage axis II XP in 308win/6.5creedmoor/243win and swapping out the stock for the new Magpul hunter lite.

I have gift cards to a local store where the gun would be free and the stock would cost me $320 CAD.

I’m wondering if someone has completed this style build, what’s the weight difference from the flimsy Axis stock from factory to the hunter lite. I can’t seem to find any information on how much a short action axis stock weighs without the barrelled action.

Thanks in advance, and so sorry if my search was inadequate and this info can be found on here!

Luke

Don’t know about the factory stock. Hunter Lite is 2.8 pounds.

IMG_0542.jpeg

Reactions: SquiresOutside
I have a Savage Axis, not the newer one you are looking at. The stock it came in was floated, but if you let it sit in the sun the plastic would heat up enough that it would warp enough to push on the barrel and shift the POI. The rest of the rifle was fine.
I don’t know if the Axis II has the same stock but if it does a slightly heavier stock would be worth it.

Reactions: SquiresOutside