• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Savage Mark II torque specs

starscream

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2011
Long Island, NY
Do any of you guys know the torque specs for a savage mark II. I have a fvxp that i just purchased a boyds tactical stock for, and want to know the best recommended in/lbs settings. Or what in/lbs you guys have found to be best.
Thanks in advance

Re: Savage Mark II torque specs

I believe I read that one guy was using 16 in-lbs front and rear... Also, it may depend on the rifle so maybe try different settings until you find one that seems to give you the most consistency... Take that with a grain of salt because I do not use a torque wrench on my Savage...

Chad

Factory is 15 in/lbs

But... that bottom metal is really flimsy. Upgrade to a thicker bottom piece (several folks make 'em out of 1/8" sheet) and you can really crank it down if needed. Some shooters have reported best groups with as little as 8 in/lbs and as much as 25 in/lbs

A friend of mine and I spent some time trying to dial in his TR yesterday. We wound up with 15 in-lbs on the front screw and 20 on the back. You really just have to fiddle around with them. I should also mentioned that his action has been bedded.