• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Savage Mark II TR Review

Re: Savage Mark II TR Review

Thanks jlopez.

Interesting in the trade off in group size between the Eley Sport and Wolf Match from 25 & 50 yards.

I really want that stock . . . I contacted Boyds, and this is the response I received . . . I understand that she might be busy, but is she too busy to actually ask someone so that she could supply a proper answer, rather than, "I don't know."?

I have no information from production when or if this may become available.

Trish Norgaard
Retail Sales Division
Boyds' Gunstock Industries

Joe,

Both the 50 yd groups were shot when it was getting cold. The temp dropped about 15 degrees and I did not take much time to shoot them. I am hoping to get out soon and try again. I also plan on shooting some 3 and 5 shot groups as I have found many people will shoot less shot per string for comparison.

Utnapishtim,

That is interesting as the Boyd's rep at shot show stated they would be available in April or May. Let us know how Chris Wallis stock works out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utnapishtim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, now that I think about it, because of that response, I'm going to pull the trigger on a Chris Wallis stock. </div></div>Um maybe I've been living under a rock but I can't find any info on aftermarket MK II stocks anywhere on the net.... please help.

You can't beat Savage rifles for off the shelf accuracy at their price point. Every Savage I've seen has shot well out of the box and nearly on par with a custom rifle with hand loads.

Very nice review. I purchased mine a couple months back for the same reason as the OP (as a trainer for my .308), and have been nothing but happy with it. Accuracy is great, it has a good solid feel to it, and everyone that has seen or handled mine seems to end up picking one up.
So far the Wolf M/T and Wolf Match Extra have been shooting very well out of it (with no real noticible difference). When i finally get a nice calm day, I would like to try some Eley Match against the Wolf to see how it does.
My last time out I was able to work my way out to 400 yds to put a few hits on a 8" steel plate. I've never been so excited about a .22. I had my dealer order me a 1.5# spring for the Accu-Trigger and it's a joy to shoot.

I enjoy my TR. I did install a Rifle Basix trigger. I could not get the feel from the original accu-trigger that I got with my MKII FV. I did the same work on both, then went a little further with the TR trigger. It wasn't bad, just not as good as the FV. I like the RB trigger & will buy ane for the FV. A few weeks ago, I bought a TR in 17HMR. This is one sweet rifle! It is my first 17. I don't see any reason for another, as this one is dead nuts accurate. The factory trigger on this TR 17 is the best accu-trigger I have ever pulled. I will order a RB the same time I buy the one for the FV though. There is something to be said about those Rifle Basix triggers.
smile.gif