• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Savage Mark ll TR w/ Accutrigger

Re: Savage Mark ll TR w/ Accutrigger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These got hard to find fast...can't find any in the Denver area, or even online for that matter </div></div>

If you are looking to build up a Mark II, I put my BTVSS up on the For Sale section.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1634990#Post1634990

I was actually looking to just pick up a MkII TR, but I might look into it more if these things aren't back on the shelves in a few weeks.

Side by side pictures of my Savage 10 FCP w/ McMillan A3 and my new Savage Mark II TR.

P1000545.jpg

P1000546.jpg

P1000547.jpg

P1000548.jpg

I ordered mine from one of my distributors. Arrived Tuesday, Mueller 4.5x14 scope came yesterday and rings showed up today. Time to get busy!!!
Steve

So those of y'all that have them. Here's a couple of questions:

- How do they shoot?
- How much do they weigh?
- Are replacement barrels available anywhere?
- Does the stock have the Accustock?
- 10 round mags available?

Thanks,

Rich

I need to update the stock on my mark II BV. I don't want to get a new rifle, just want to get a better stock, one that's quite similar, if not exactly like the TR stock. I don't like how the drop of the stock makes a cheek weld difficult since I now have to use higher rings because of a 50mm obj on the scope. I wish that more people made scopes with 40mm obj's instead of the 50mm monsters.

Branden

I bought a Mark II BV a couple of years ago and it's a real shooter but this TR has got me thinking it's time for a new trainer.

Got mine a week ago and so far it's a sweetheart. Can only shoot it @ our indoor range (50') because some MORON piled snow in front of the road to the outdoor range. But @ 50' it makes one ragged hole with 10 shot groups.

Picked up mine today, and got the scope mounted. The scope is a Burris 6.5-20x50 Fullfield II Tactical I didn't have mounted on anything. Now if the snow & cold will leave so I can shoot it.

Went to pick mine up today....and surprise! I need to find proof that I live here (going to school out of state). A nice few hours of wasted time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uscbigdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So those of y'all that have them. Here's a couple of questions:

- How do they shoot?
- How much do they weigh?
- Are replacement barrels available anywhere?
- Does the stock have the Accustock?
- 10 round mags available?

Thanks,

Rich
</div></div>

check in Savage section on Rimfire Central. I believe they were using 77/22 barrels as replacements.

I bought a MII BV a couple years ago. Dropped it into a black boyds thumbhole stock, and had the barrel cut down to 18in and threaded for suppressor. Shoots good, but it seems like after about 20rds, I will start getting extraction issues. It's a combination of the bullet wax buildup and a weak spring clamp on the extractors. I like it, but I'm not sure I would buy another one. YMMV