• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Range Report Savage's first trip to the range

BrettSass844

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Germantown, OHIO
Got out to the range finally. It was cold as hell so I didnt take any pics and only shot 35 times due to helping my cousin with his 223. I shot 2 different types of ammo. 150gr Winchester and 180gr Remington Core-lokt. I got a 1.25 in group out of the Remington after some tweaking. I plan on shooting some match ammo next trip. I just needed to get dialed in for a coyote hunt i went on. First bolt action I have ever shot other that a rimfire and first time shooting off a bipod. Overall i was happy! Thanks to all who helped me out over the last couple months!

Re: Savage's first trip to the range

That's not bad. I think that even without any changes, you'll find more accuracy as you become more accustomed to the rifle and bipod.

Greg

Re: Savage's first trip to the range

Congrats on the new rig. Don't forget that even though it is cold outside a person can do alot to improve their accuracy by dry firing at home working on their breathing, trigger control and cheeck weld!

Shoot straight / shoot safe.

1GE