• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SAW-MAG - 150 rounds for the 5.56 AR15

KMCM110

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2010
Not really a sniper item, but, Anyone have experience with this "new" product on a COLT AR-15?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzlzsdG6TsY&feature=player_embedded#!

Re: SAW-MAG - 150 rounds for the 5.56 AR15

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDSNYPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is it different than the Beta-C mag that was so unreliable - other than it holds 50 more rounds? </div></div>

Different companies would make a difference..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDSNYPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is it different than the Beta-C mag that was so unreliable </div></div>

I've 3 Beta's, never had a problem in semi or full. Many a full 100rd dump w/o issue on any I have. There are clones out there, like the fake Leupold's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDSNYPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is it different than the Beta-C mag that was so unreliable </div></div>

I've 3 Beta's, never had a problem in semi or full. Many a full 100rd dump w/o issue on any I have. There are clones out there, like the fake Leupold's. </div></div>

+1. I have never encountered a failure with numerous Beta C-mags. Keep them cleaned/lubed and they run like tops!

Now with that said, they aren't really all that practical (either a 100rnd or a 150rnd drums) on anything but an LMG or in a relatively fixed position. They aren't nearly as "friendly" for a run-n-gun AR because of the added weight/bulk. I'd just as soon have four or five 30rnd PMAGs. A lot of folks put too much stock in mega-capacity mags/drums and don't learn how to properly run simple mag changes and tactical reloads with an AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never encountered a failure with numerous Beta C-mags. Keep them cleaned/lubed and they run like tops!

Now with that said, they aren't really all that practical (either a 100rnd or a 150rnd drums) on anything but an LMG or in a relatively fixed position. </div></div>

On a 11.5", M16 the balance is better to me. Of course they would get two-three frags first, but as a entry weapon it's hard to beat. Unless you just burn the building down first, which works for me as well.