SBR Bag

treillw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Good discrete carrying bag for a SBR? Would like to stash it in the truck.

Edit - Folded length should be about 21". 10.5" barrel with law folder.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eli17L
30.5" overall length with the stock fully extended.

No folding stock at this point. Is it worth doing? Recommendations on folder brands?

Thanks.

It’s been a little while but I believe you can measure your full upper and add 2” to it to account for the law folder. Yes, I know the folder attaches to the lower but this is an easy way to see what the gun length will be when folded without using a lower and assembling the gun for legal purposes or whatever else

My 9” 300 BO build with the law folder is 20ish” so it fits in the vertx EDC bag in the main compartment

So for me, it was worth it. Don’t buy the cheaper versions. They don’t lock up near as tightly and have some wobble.

The average length of a tennis racket is 27-29"; violin 24". A .300 BO SBR with a folding stock is ~20". Toting your wares, want to be seen as a tennis player, violin player, or not as an Operator (dial "O" for). The folding stock is indispensible to diminishing the profile of concealment if that is important element of carry. Here's a few of my .300 BO's (KAC SR-30 , PWS piston.300) in small back packs. IF not a back pack, LaRue makes a really nice configurable discreet bag, shown with Noveske N4.
IMG_9963KAC SR30 WITH VERTX EDC BLUE FORCE GEAR JEDBURGH CAMELBACK CONDOR PACKS 07.12.21Compar...jpg
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3953 copy.JPG
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3958 copy.JPG
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3962 copy 2.JPG
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3964.JPG
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3966 copy.JPG
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3967 copy.JPG
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3973 copy.JPG
IMG_3164 copy.JPG
DSCN3177 copy.JPG

Reactions: MSTN and treillw
The average length of a tennis racket is 27-29"; violin 24". A .300 BO SBR with a folding stock is ~20". Toting your wares, want to be seen as a tennis player, violin player, or not as an Operator (dial "O" for). The folding stock is indispensible to diminishing the profile of concealment if that is important element of carry. Here's a few of my .300 BO's (KAC SR-30 , PWS piston.300) in small back packs. IF not a back pack, LaRue makes a really nice configurable discreet bag, shown with Noveske N4.View attachment 7840896View attachment 7840898View attachment 7840899View attachment 7840901View attachment 7840902View attachment 7840903View attachment 7840904View attachment 7840905View attachment 7840910View attachment 7840911
I can't help but notice the weapon light. Looks like a x300 or x400 surefire. How do you like it? How do you activate it?

I'm thinking of going that route.

Thanks!

It's a 300X; it's positioned on the rail such that is ergonomically positioned for me to activate the to-fro momentary on /off switch with my support hand thumb activated, or flip it up / down for constant on. The case is a tier 1 quality product.

Updated original post. Still haven't gotten a bag. Looking at the vertx ready pack, gamut, basecamp and Eberlestock jackknife and switchblade packs.

The gun still seems to be too long at 21".

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Updated original post. Still haven't gotten a bag. Looking at the vertx ready pack, gamut, basecamp and Eberlestock jackknife and switchblade packs.

The gun still seems to be too long at 21".

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Violins are about 23” and there’s nothing more discreet than an instrument case. That’s what I’d get.