• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SBR Loads

Dirty D

Resident Sommelier of cellulite
Minuteman
Supporter
Mar 29, 2010
Your moms house
This is a reloading question but it is specific to SBR's. What powder are you guys running in your SBR's to give decent velocity (faster burning powder) that minimizes carbon buildup? I have had good results with Hogdon Varget for my .308 match loads so I have been looking at Hogdon H335 but am open to other suggestions.

Re: SBR Loads

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Training Wheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a reloading question but it is specific to SBR's. What powder are you guys running in your SBR's to give decent velocity (faster burning powder) that minimizes carbon buildup? I have had good results with Hogdon Varget for my .308 match loads so I have been looking at Hogdon H335 but am open to other suggestions.
</div></div>

For either .223 or .308 SBR's I've had good luck with both IMR 4198 and IMR 3031.

Winchester 680 used to be all I used in both with light bullets, but finding it anymore,...