• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SCAR 20S Suppressed

RomanM1A

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2021
Oregon
I just got my SCAR20s back, after receiving the firing pin/bolt change for 6.5cm.

I've got a KNS diSCARder coming tomorrow and would like to mount an Omega 36M on it. Has anyone tried this combo? If so, any concern on backpressure?

Additionally, I've heard good things about the KNS gas plug, but am wondering if anyone hasn't been able to tame the SCAR20s suppressed with one installed. Anyone?

I'm in the same boat as you (I sent mine in to FN for the upgrade too), but am currently using an old SiCo Saker 762 until I can decide on which TBAC can...

Like the Geissele trigger, the KNS adjustable regulator's a must on any SCAR. You can definitely slow the bcg speed way down. That Saker's an old design (high backpressure) & I can still get ejection to right at 3:00 no prob. I didn't change the jet, but I did go ahead & remove it to add a tad of antisieze just in case I wanted to later. Highly recommended yo.

Now I'm also trying to decide between an ATACR & a ZCO, but that's another discussion LOL

I gave it a try. I adjusted the gas setting to 0 and it still ran without malfunction. I didn't see any visible pressure signs on the brass and the ejection appeared to be at the 3-4:30 direction. I didn't want to change the gas jet because it's all but impossible to get to on the 20s, without take the barrel out. I am waiting on a SiCo Velos, and will hopefully take possession next week. Although I can't see any detrimental wear on the SCAR as is, the fact that I can't lower the gas to the point of malfunction makes me wonder if it is optimized as is.

I didn't want to change the gas jet because it's all but impossible to get to on the 20s, without take the barrel out.
Something different about the 20S aside from the number of bolts on the trunnion? I recall this was a fairly simple task on the 16/17S family, but I haven’t owned a SCAR in the better of a decade.

That's it, just another pair of trunnion bolts. I was fortunate enough to score a real .mil tool kit years ago with the Seekonk, so removing the barrel's simple. I can see how/why it'd make others nervous, though. Just retorque in order & re verify zero; no biggie.

That's it, just another pair of trunnion bolts. I was fortunate enough to score a real .mil tool kit years ago with the Seekonk, so removing the barrel's simple. I can see how/why it'd make others nervous, though. Just retorque in order & re verify zero; no biggie.
So it’s still the same. Nothing complicated. If you can’t x-pattern tighten ~six screws you don’t have any business near a gun.

What kind of accuracy are you seeing out of the SCAR 20s? I'm doing an accuracy comparison between piston-driven 308's and would like some data from other users.

I posted a thread late last month but no takers. Would you be willing to participate?

What kind of accuracy are you seeing out of the SCAR 20s? I'm doing an accuracy comparison between piston-driven 308's and would like some data from other users.

I posted a thread late last month but no takers. Would you be willing to participate?
I consistently get 0.5-.75 MOA with my handloads. I'd be more than happy to participate.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyBen