• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender PM 2 5-25x56 mm scope, which one do I have?

m1943

Private
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2024
Miami
I am trying to more accurately identify this scope that I happen to have. Browsed some web sites, pricing (on new units) varies from $2,999 up to nearly $4,300 , all of them seemingly 5-25x56 PM2s. But there are differences in the part numbers. Can anyone enlighten me on this? I am trying to gauge how much my scope is actually worth...
Thanks

Do you have a picture? Off the top of my head, two things that will help identify the model and era it was manufactured are the turrets and the magnification ring.
DSC08197.JPG
DSC08197.JPG

Interesting. The rubber magnification ring tells me it’s at least 5-8 years old. I think they started doing the metal rings later on 5-25x vs other models. That turret though is something interesting. The housing is clearly based on the legacy DT turrets common throughout 2000s and into mid-2010s when the MTC turrets started taking over. But the click values are unusual; kind of reminds me of that competition turret they did many years ago?

I’m sure someone else more knowledgeable will chime in.

Edit: it’s almost a hybrid of turrets https://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/products/turrets/pm-ii-competition.html

Interesting. The rubber magnification ring tells me it’s at least 5-8 years old. I think they started doing the metal rings later on 5-25x vs other models. That turret though is something interesting. The housing is clearly based on the legacy DT turrets common throughout 2000s and into mid-2010s when the MTC turrets started taking over. But the click values are unusual; kind of reminds me of that competition turret they did many years ago?

I’m sure someone else more knowledgeable will chime in.

Edit: it’s almost a hybrid of turrets https://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/products/turrets/pm-ii-competition.html
Well, I do believe this scope was originally purchased some time prior to 2011. Mid-late 2000s, probably. But at the very least, it's probably 10 years old. Should there be a serial number or some other identification stamped anywhere on the thing? I didn't see anything, but I haven't removed it from the platform it is on currently...