• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Scope choice? Help me pick me please!!!

JDJHNTR

Private
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2004
MS.
Got my rifle put together and looks like I have about $1000 left for some glass. This rifle is a 7mmmWSM set up for long range hunting out to 1000 yrds.
Here is the 3 I've been looking at and could really use your suggestions before I shell out the rest of my budget.

Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 w/target knobs
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50
Huskemaw Blue Diamond 5-20x50 ( if I can find another for $1000)
Trijicon Accupoint 5-20x50
Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50 M1

Anyway......as you can see I'm wanting at least 20x on the high side. As usual I need one that tracks true and there will be a lot of turning going on!
Also if you dont mind, please include which reticle you would choose with the Zeiss if that is your choice.

Thanks everyone, I REALLY do apprecite all your input.

Re: Scope choice? Help me pick me please!!!

heard alot of good things about the pst. you may also want to consider the swfa ss 5-20x50 its slightly out of the budget but worth a look... the leupold would be nice as well

I can't recommend Vortex PST 6-24x50 more... It is an absofreakinlutely awesome scope!! I am more happy with this scope than I was with my Nightforce.

Give Mike @ CSTactical a shout... He will take good care of you!!

DK

Pick up a used or like new SWFA 5-20x50mm here on the hide. Bet you could find one for just over $1K.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pick up a used or like new SWFA 5-20x50mm here on the hide. Bet you could find one for just over $1K. </div></div>

Good advice, I did sell my SWFA 5-20 though and picked up a Bushnell 3-21 HDMR with the Bushnell G2DMR reticle and couldn't be happier. I much prefer the G2DMR reticle to the SWFA diamond mil dots. The Bushnell is worth checking out as well, but SWFA 5-20 is a sweet scope. I also had a Vortex PST 6-24, it was okay felt kinda cheap to me compared to the aforementioned scopes.

Of the ones you listed I'd choose the pst.

I can't speak about the zeiss or huskemaw.

I have a mk4 4.5-14 which is great but if I could do that over again I'd get matching reticle/turrets.

The pst does everything I want it too and more. Especially for the price paid. I just got back from the 1k yd range and it was awesome. I think in this price range it's the best option. I'll be buying a second one soon for another building just finished.

I have an accupoint 3-9 which is great. No matching reticle and turrets but it's got great glass and is light for an illuminated scope. I use this on my hunting rifle. The problem I see with the 5-20 is the limited elevation adjustment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">keep going easygoose, only 25 more. lol </div></div>

BWAHAHA!

At his pace he'll make it before sunrise!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

he was already reported, why people think no one will notice their name pasted on every thread is beyond me