• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Scope for 6.5 Creedmoor AR10 - Mark 4 4.5-18, Mark 5 3.6-18, Stryker 3.5-21, LHT 4.5-22, NX8 2-20, March Fx, or?

SMTGWKD

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Have a sweet, lightweight AR10 build in 6.5 Creedmoor. I plan to hunt, compete, and shoot ELR (out to 1200 yards). I have a Primary Arms Glx Apollo on it now and though i love the speed of hits with a slaved Radius rangefinder, I have really been disappointed with the glass.

Following are key features I'd like in the scope:
Relatively Lightweight - must be less than 30 ounces, preferably closer to 22
  • Tree Reticle
  • Great Glass
  • 3-5 low end Magnification
  • 18+ top end magnification
  • FFP
  • Ideally, a tiny middle dot
  • Prefer to spend less than more, but willing to pay for quality/performance differences - $1k-$2kish
  • Zero Stop
Of the list in the Title, I have the LHT on an 18" 6mm ARC and really like it. However, I don't love the shiny finish nor the mushy turrets, or limited elevation after installing zero stop for use on the AR10. Kinda silly reasons I suppose.

Love to know thoughts from those with experience/preferences!

Last edited:
Man - I love that March, but noticed it's back up in price. Bummer. I'm one of the minions that follows the DLO recommendations closely. His insights had me looking closely at the Delta Stryker for this particular rifle, but thought I'd ask more generically here.

Thanks for the insight about the Zeiss and Nexus!

The only one on your list that is close to your ideal weight (22oz) is the LHT 4.5-22. I have one as well and my gripes are the same as yours although the elevation is totally usable (the windage is bad but not a big deal once zeroed) and I rarely run into the 11mil limitation of the zero stop (given 11 mils gets me past 1100 yds and it's on a 24" 6.5 set up as my NRL Hunter rifle). I've also got a bunch of time behind the NX8 2.5-20 and some behind the Mk5 3.6-18. I really like the NX8 and honestly think it's a great option for a large frame gas gun. I don't think the extra 6oz is a deal breaker.

The only one on your list that is close to your ideal weight (22oz) is the LHT 4.5-22. I have one as well and my gripes are the same as yours although the elevation is totally usable (the windage is bad but not a big deal once zeroed) and I rarely run into the 11mil limitation of the zero stop (given 11 mils gets me past 1100 yds and it's on a 24" 6.5 set up as my NRL Hunter rifle). I've also got a bunch of time behind the NX8 2.5-20 and some behind the Mk5 3.6-18. I really like the NX8 and honestly think it's a great option for a large frame gas gun. I don't think the extra 6oz is a deal breaker.
I don't have personal experience behind them, but heard the glass on the Mark 5 is much better than the NX8. Otherwise I like the stats on the 2.5-20

I don't have personal experience behind them, but heard the glass on the Mark 5 is much better than the NX8. Otherwise I like the stats on the 2.5-20
I honestly can't recall my thoughts on comparing the glass directly but I certainly didn't find the glass on the NX8 lacking. The lack of an illum upcharge on the NX8 (illum being imo a requirement for hunting with a FFP optic) and the fantastic Mil-XT reticle are definitely 2 bonuses for the NX8.

Reactions: PappyM3
Leupold Mk5 with a Tremor 3 or H59 reticle. I have 3 of them right now and cycled through a few more. The T3 in particular is the perfect gas gun reticle, in my opinion.

I have had several Nx8 2.5-20 and the glass was not as good. Lots of fish bowling. Could have just been mine though. And the zero stop system is prone to binding.

The only advantage of the NX8 is the zero stop system allows you to set a zero stop and use the Speed Drop Factor.