Scope mount … Spuhr? ADM??

I use and really like the MPA BA scope mounts. I use the Spuhr mount for my Send-It level on the MPA mount so it's an additional bonus. There are other really good options from MDT, Hawkins, Seekins, etc. No need to spend that much on a Spuhr.

PRS Trainer Rifle 223 03.jpg

I’ve used ADM, Sphur, Badger(c1/max,unimounts), JP, and quite a few more “cheaper” options. For me the Badgers are what I have almost all but stayed with for one piece mounts. I still would like to try the ARC one piece, but as for now, I don’t have a gun for it, so it will have to wait.

Lots of good mounts out there now that are less than $500. MPA, ARC, Seekings, MDT, Grey Ops etc. I use MDT, MPA and ARC now and all work well.

Reactions: kthomas
I use Arc mounts on most of my guns with pic rails. So easy to install scopes. Use one Spuhr for looks. IMHO six screw ring caps are such a pain in the ass.

That MPA mount has a cool Spuhr vibe to it…I only have one quibble with ARC mounts, and it’s that they aren’t the most visually appealing.

MPA mount, pic cribbed from @Zack_va248
1717506971854.jpeg

(did you see the baby or doll? in the background lol)

Reactions: Zack_va248
I use Arc mounts on most of my guns with pic rails. So easy to install scopes. Use one Spuhr for looks. IMHO six screw ring caps are such a pain in the ass.

That MPA mount has a cool Spuhr vibe to it…I only have one quibble with ARC mounts, and it’s that they aren’t the most visually appealing.

MPA mount, pic cribbed from @Zack_va248
View attachment 8431679

(did you see the baby or doll? in the background lol)
My daughters dolls lol
I may be biased....... but I gotta say it's one sexy rifle......

Reactions: carbonbased
Had a few Spuhrs, are they still the go to? Or is there a new option that should be looked at? Would love to avoid 500.00 but if it’s still the one to go for than I’ll spend it.
Advice ??
What optic are you running and on what kind of rifle? I've got an extra warn mount for sale that's great in 35mm. It's 1.1" height.
They are extremely underrated. Can be found in the classified ads for cheap. They are very similar to MPA's BA mount

So many good mounts out now to choose from.

The MPA with a discount is REALLY hard to beat price wise.

If you want to run your send it level off the mount, Spuhr and Grey OPS seem to be the 2 main options.

I run mostly Spuhr (and have spares for the future) but with the latest price increase, they are getting a bit nuts.

If starting fresh, MPA or Grey Ops or Hawkins would be my choice. I don't think you could really go wrong with any of them. Hawkins gets overlooked, but they make fantastic products.

So many good mounts out now to choose from.

The MPA with a discount is REALLY hard to beat price wise.

If you want to run your send it level off the mount, Spuhr and Grey OPS seem to be the 2 main options.

I run mostly Spuhr (and have spares for the future) but with the latest price increase, they are getting a bit nuts.

If starting fresh, MPA or Grey Ops or Hawkins would be my choice. I don't think you could really go wrong with any of them. Hawkins gets overlooked, but they make fantastic products.

The Spuhr Send-It level mount works on my MPA BA mounts, so add it to the list for using a Send-It level on the mount.

https://www.shortactionprecision.com/products/send-it-mv3-s90-spuhr-mount

Reactions: DeathBeforeDismount