• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Scope mount for swiss k31 rifle

Thats a good question..

The type of Mount should depend on the size and weight of the scope resp. his concret purpose..

I don't know modern scopes like the Vortex-Scopes well. But on the other side I use since many years a heavy and long somewhat "classic" scope on a K31-Variant. It's Pecar's Champion 10x45 on a Richner-mount. That's a centered mount, one of the most-used mounts for the K31 in CH here, well-known also elswhere.

A Vortex LHT 3-15×42 f.e. weighs ca. 500 grams and has approx. the similar length of this Pecar.

Perhaps that helps a bit ?

Attachments

• Schmidt-Rubin Zfk 84 (f) von links gesehen.jpg
    Schmidt-Rubin Zfk 84 (f) von links gesehen.jpg
    905.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 9-Richner-Montage_1.jpg
    9-Richner-Montage_1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Schmidt-Rubin Zfk 84 (f) von links gesehen.jpg
    Schmidt-Rubin Zfk 84 (f) von links gesehen.jpg
    905.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 9-Richner-Montage_1.jpg
    9-Richner-Montage_1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: cuirc
You're welcome, cuirc.

As far as I know, some Swiss companies export this mounts, too. I don't know the offerings in the USA.

Without knowing their conditions, I would check this sites in your place: as first Munitionsdepot.ch, as second Gunfactory.ch. I can't add here this links now, unfortunately.. .

Good luck 😉

Attachments

• Schmidt-Rubin Zfk 84(f) 7,5 mm Swiss RUAG Swiss P Target 175 grs HPBT und SM Match-Trainings 1...jpg
    Schmidt-Rubin Zfk 84(f) 7,5 mm Swiss RUAG Swiss P Target 175 grs HPBT und SM Match-Trainings 1...jpg
    769.3 KB · Views: 28
You're welcome, cuirc.

As far as I know, some Swiss companies export this mounts, too. I don't know the offerings in the USA.

Without knowing their conditions, I would check this sites in your place: as first Munitionsdepot.ch, as second Gunfactory.ch. I can't add here this links now, unfortunately.. .

Good luck 😉
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP MUCH APPRECIATED

When I HAD a few K31's, I installed this mount. I never had an issue with it as long as you got it tight. Works pretty good.

Snipers should stick, not ? 🙃😉

Yes, that kind of mount works also here without an issue.. . You have to train the ejection a bit, meaning to find out how many speed in this move is necessary to bring the case out for sure. But that's all.

The company Richner merged with the Munitionsdepot once. I visited them first in July 06 and bought my mount there. Now, 18 years later I drove again to them to buy a bit quite rare ammo. Nowadays it's a branch of the M.

Meanwhile Mr. Rolf Schaufelberger at Gunfactory offers his construction also since a long time, pointing out that they had invented this mount.

Well, whoever invented it in the end, I simply can't imagine that this couldn't have been already much earlier. This is IMHO not technically that demanding..

Therefore i choosed it for my Schmidt-Rubin-Zielfernrohrkarabiner Zfk 84 (f)-Project. Together with the Riflescope "Champion", made by Pecar, Berlin and Richner-rings, also made of steel.

Around 300 Shots with a few old GP11 from 1994 or older, a lot of 7,5x55 mm Swiss, f.e.Selliers Topshot 174 grs FMJBT and some Norma 168 grs HPBT Swiss Match, old and New and some 175 grs SM Match-Training and quite a bit of the RUAG 175 grs Swiss P Target-Round 😀

Attachments

• 4217085-e73e97915172f9d3d4b9c2ad3cc73b19.jpg
    4217085-e73e97915172f9d3d4b9c2ad3cc73b19.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240717_155200.jpg
    20240717_155200.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Schmidt-Rubin Zfk 84 (f) Pecar-Zf 84 Absehen 1.jpg
    Schmidt-Rubin Zfk 84 (f) Pecar-Zf 84 Absehen 1.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 22
When I HAD a few K31's, I installed this mount. I never had an issue with it as long as you got it tight. Works pretty good.
Hello tpepper70 - Sergeant Pepper?;)

Why only had a few K31's ?

Snipers should stick, not ? 🙃😉

Yes, that kind of mount works also here without an issue.. . You have to train the ejection a bit, meaning to find out how many speed in this move is necessary to bring the case out for sure. But that's all.

The company Richner merged with the Munitionsdepot once. I visited them first in July 06 and bought my mount there. Now, 18 years later I drove again to them to buy a bit quite rare ammo. Nowadays it's a branch of the M.

Meanwhile Mr. Rolf Schaufelberger at Gunfactory offers his construction also since a long time, pointing out that they had invented this mount.

Well, whoever invented it in the end, I simply can't imagine that this couldn't have been already much earlier. This is IMHO not technically that demanding..

Therefore i choosed it for my Schmidt-Rubin-Zielfernrohrkarabiner Zfk 84 (f)-Project. Together with the Riflescope "Champion", made by Pecar, Berlin and Richner-rings, also made of steel.

Around 300 Shots with a few old GP11 from 1994 or older, a lot of 7,5x55 mm Swiss, f.e.Selliers Topshot 174 grs FMJBT and some Norma 168 grs HPBT Swiss Match, old and New and some 175 grs SM Match-Training and quite a bit of the RUAG 175 grs Swiss P Target-Round 😀
THANK YOU

I have two of them one has the dioptic manual sights love em. I have always wanted to scope the other now I have it on my to do list. I am also taking a 40-XB and converting it to 6.5X47 Lapua a sort of melding the classic with today.

Use Swissproductsusa drill and tap mount for left side placement of the scope.
Then use a Garand type cheekpiece to get proper cheek contact.
By doing this there is no need to move the head during cycling of the bolt and one can reach the straight pull rifles full potential during rapid fire shooting.

1723471888805.png

1723471945020.png

Then get a 30mm mount with this configuration to get proper scope placement.
(Valmet/Tikka 412 optilock QD steelmount for 9.3x74r double rifle is bombproof)

1723472207651.png

The Tikka mount will take all Sako optilock rings from 1" to 34mm.
Ultra low rings will suit best on the K31.

1723472334947.png

Only to be sure that I understand correct: because of covid you decided to use your money, your energy etc. only for your most popular cal.-rifles ?
Well, not really. Since ammo and reloading components were very scarce where I live, I sold all my odd-ball caliber rifle and standardized to only the most popular caliber rifles/pistols. Easier to find ammo and reloading components for the popular calibers.

Well, not really. Since ammo and reloading components were very scarce where I live, I sold all my odd-ball caliber rifle and standardized to only the most popular caliber rifles/pistols. Easier to find ammo and reloading components for the popular calibers.
I see.. Yes. That's a valid argument, the ammunition supply.. . That's easy to emphatize with.

Honestly said, every month i spend quite a lot of time in finding and acquiring some further ammo. Also in 7,5 mm Swiss/GP11 :p:rolleyes:🙃

Attachments

• 7,5x55 mm 175 gr HPBT Swiss RUAG Target P Vorrat.jpg
    7,5x55 mm 175 gr HPBT Swiss RUAG Target P Vorrat.jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 7,5x55 mm Swiss 175 gr HPBT SM Match-Training-Vorrat.jpg
    7,5x55 mm Swiss 175 gr HPBT SM Match-Training-Vorrat.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 20
I see.. Yes. That's a valid argument, the ammunition supply.. . That's easy to emphatize with.

Honestly said, every month i spend quite a lot of time in finding and acquiring some further ammo. Also in 7,5 mm Swiss/GP11 :p:rolleyes:🙃
For Swiss ammo - K-31 I bought cases recently from Graf
I probably should buy more

Your in Switzerland right nice to meet you I thought one place in the world where ammo etc would be easy to get was there.
Today that is - unfortunately - a bit more complicated than earlier. Also here in that case... But many still remain loyal to their hobby 😜😉

Attachments

• 7,5x55 mm Swiss SM RUAG 175 grs Match-Training HPBT im Schmidt-Rubin-Zfk 84 (f) 1. Gruppe 21.0...jpg
    7,5x55 mm Swiss SM RUAG 175 grs Match-Training HPBT im Schmidt-Rubin-Zfk 84 (f) 1. Gruppe 21.0...jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Rossboden 27. Oktober 21 100m-Anlage 17.jpg
    Rossboden 27. Oktober 21 100m-Anlage 17.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 15

Attachments

• GP 11 60er-Pack DhNetwork-Zug.jpg
    GP 11 60er-Pack DhNetwork-Zug.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 7
  • K31-Schussbild 100 Meter GP 11.jpg
    K31-Schussbild 100 Meter GP 11.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 9
During the cycling of the bolt the head movement ist not always a relevant one IMHO. That depends on the different individual physical conditions.

See:

Attachments

• Schmidt-Rubin Zfk 84 (f) Hinterschaft von links gesehen.jpg
    Schmidt-Rubin Zfk 84 (f) Hinterschaft von links gesehen.jpg
    745.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Blick im Jäggi-Optik AG-Estrich-Schiessstand über den Schmidt-Rubin-Zielfernrohrkarabiner Zfk ...jpg
    Blick im Jäggi-Optik AG-Estrich-Schiessstand über den Schmidt-Rubin-Zielfernrohrkarabiner Zfk ...jpg
    532 KB · Views: 27
Perhaps, cuirc, you benefit from a look at this site still more, concerning your question: https://mittelkaliber.ch/karabiner-31/. English version. They recommend the centered mount-type.

Good success !

Attachments

• Schmidt-Rubin-Zielfernrohrkarabiner Zfk 84 (f) im Jäggi-Estrich-Schiessstand Dez. 2023.jpg
    Schmidt-Rubin-Zielfernrohrkarabiner Zfk 84 (f) im Jäggi-Estrich-Schiessstand Dez. 2023.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 18
  • RUAG 7,5x55 mm Swiss 175 grs HPBT Swiss P Target in Schmidt-Rubin-Zielfernrohrkarabiner 84 (f)...jpg
    RUAG 7,5x55 mm Swiss 175 grs HPBT Swiss P Target in Schmidt-Rubin-Zielfernrohrkarabiner 84 (f)...jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Schmidt-Rubin-Zielfernrohrkarabiner ZfK 84 (f) beim ersten 300m-Schuss auf die alte deutsche S...jpg
    Schmidt-Rubin-Zielfernrohrkarabiner ZfK 84 (f) beim ersten 300m-Schuss auf die alte deutsche S...jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 18