• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Scope recommendation for my new FN AR

KMCM110

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2010
Hi All.. Just picked up a Nice FN 7.72 AR rifle.
grin.gif
I am looking for recommendations on the proper rings and a nice scope for this. This has a heavy barrel and it is 20 inches long.

I don't want to spend more for the scope and rings then $ 1,000, as the rifle set me back $1,600 with some extra magazines.

I would post pictures, but it looks like all the other FN AR's on the market. Only difference - this one is mine..

Re: Scope recommendation for my new FN AR

For an excellent bargain scope value, you might want to try the Redfield 4-12x40 with the accu-range reticle for around $230.00. They are basically a Leupold made scope. I have two of them, and they work just fine.

Anyone can spend $3000-4000 for a Schmidt & Bender, or US Optics, and they are wonderful optics. But I also like to try and find out how accurate and serviceable a system I can put together without breaking the bank. With the FNAR, Redfield scope, a few extra magazines, you can still be under $2000.00 for rifle that will do quite a bit of decent shooting.

Re: Scope recommendation for my new FN AR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Redfield 4-12x40 with the accu-range reticle for around $230.00.
</div></div>

Picked up a nice used one on GB. Can't wait for it to arrive and try it out.