Rifle Scopes Scope recommendation needed !!!

Fotis_Pap

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2018
I am in the middle of building an ELR rifle. It will be used past 1500 yards and possibly up to 2500 yards

Anyway, I need a good scope. Now I currently own a NIB Burris XTR II 4x20x50mm scope. Never shot it or used it. I have read that it is nearly indestructible and tracks great. That said glass quality is ok, although looks good to me so far. Anyway, will this do? or do I definitely need an upgrade? If I do what do you recommend? Thanks

Reactions: CSTactical
I am in the middle of building an ELR rifle. It will be used past 1500 yards and possibly up to 2500 yards

Anyway, I need a good scope. Now I currently own a NIB Burris XTR II 4x20x50mm scope. Never shot it or used it. I have read that it is nearly indestructible and tracks great. That said glass quality is ok, although looks good to me so far. Anyway, will this do? or do I definitely need an upgrade? If I do what do you recommend? Thanks

We'd be happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have, please call 916-670-1103 :)

I would suggest a different scope for the range you are shooting. NF 7-35x is very popular with ELR shooters. Other possibilities are S&B 5-25x; Kahles 624; NF 5-25.

Happy to help. You can call us or email.

You did not say what caliber your looking to take to 2500 or what DA.

But a classic 338LM with a factor load in the high desert I shoot might well be over 30mils. Scope travel should be large portion of your decision

Nothing wrong with an XTR II. Saw several of them in the 2-mile match if I remember correctly.

I'm not personally a big fan of them because the glass quality just isn't there compared to some other scopes in the price range right above it. But if folks are shooting to 2 miles with them, I don't think it'll hold you back.

What is your budget if you did upgrade?

Reactions: longshot2000
My build will have a NF 5-25×56 Atacr moar-t reticle.

Good choice. I would choose Nightforce or Schmidt. I hesitate to add Tangent Theta give OP asked about a Burris, but I think you need all the help you can get with targets over 1,500 yards. I think Kahles and Razor HD are also possibilities, but these are all obvious recommendations, and I love to spend other peoples money. ;)

Reactions: Alabusa
Good choice. I would choose Nightforce or Schmidt. I hesitate to add Tangent Theta give OP asked about a Burris, but I think you need all the help you can get with targets over 1,500 yards. I think Kahles and Razor HD are also possibilities, but these are all obvious recommendations, and I love to spend other peoples money. ;)

I have Kahles binos and love them so their scopes were on my short list. What eliminated them was limited adjustment range. The closest to the NF was still 40moa less. It hurt my feelings to take them off my list.

I have Kahles binos and love them so their scopes were on my short list. What eliminated them was limited adjustment range. The closest to the NF was still 40moa less. It hurt my feelings to take them off my list.

The K525i has 100MOA of elevation while the Nightforce 5-25 ATACR F1 has 120 MOA.

I've got two Burris XTR II's and I've got a Razor HD Gen II.....I prefer my XTRs over the razor. Razor pretty much just sits in the safe. Tracking is great on the burris and glass isn't bad.