• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Seekins still in business?

River44

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2023
Texas
I’ve been looking for a Seekins SP3RV3 RAIL SYSTEM to match up to one of their uppers. Out of stock everywhere and not backorderable, optics planet says it’s discontinued. Is Seekins still making this particular upper? Hell, are they stillmaking anything these days? I’ve been on the waiting list for a SP10 builders kit for 2 years now.

I talked to a guy in their quality control department about AR availability a couple months ago. He told me the demand for their bolt action rifles is very high. They are a small company and their resources were focussed on bolt actions then. I think they are expanding and adding new machines so they can respond to the increased demand. Good company, good problem to have. In summary I think they are making lots of bolt actions.

I talked to a guy in their quality control department about AR availability a couple months ago. He told me the demand for their bolt action rifles is very high. They are a small company and their resources were focussed on bolt actions then. I think they are expanding and adding new machines so they can respond to the increased demand. Good company, good problem to have. In summary I think they are making lots of bolt actions.
The bass pro and cabela fudds must be buying them because I wouldn’t ever think their bolt action demand would be high.

I’ve been looking for a Seekins SP3RV3 RAIL SYSTEM to match up to one of their uppers. Out of stock everywhere and not backorderable, optics planet says it’s discontinued. Is Seekins still making this particular upper? Hell, are they stillmaking anything these days? I’ve been on the waiting list for a SP10 builders kit for 2 years now.
Was just at Seekins a few weeks ago. Took a tour. They are definitely in business and clearly doing well. My suggestion would be to call CS and see what they say. I can tell you they are focusing on bolt guns.

I got a Havak Hit almost 2 mos ago, contacted Seekins about additional bolt/barrel items in stock. They said they were very surprised with the amount of customers they've gained recently and are backordered on many items. Everything on website saying "backordered" will get done eventually but Seekins told me honestly that their approved dealers/distributors are the best place to look if you are seeking a "backorder" item from their website, and you don't want to wait for Seekins to fill those back orders.

If you are a business and you have to deal with problems, these are the best kinds to have.

Reactions: TheWhitetailnut
Just talked to Seekins CS, man told that the next run of hand guards will be in 3-4mo and he’s not sure how many they will run. Could be a 3-4 mo wait or a 6-8 month wait.
Have you tried any of their approved dealers or distributors yet? Just curious. When companies are slammed busy, they tend to try and keep their best customers in line before the individual sales. It’s basic business, whether or not that makes some smaller customers happy.

Have you tried any of their approved dealers or distributors yet? Just curious. When companies are slammed busy, they tend to try and keep their best customers in line before the individual sales. It’s basic business, whether or not that makes some smaller customers happy.
yes. Looked everywhere on the net, including the retailer list that Seekins has listed. The CS person also looked to see if any of their retailers had any in stock. No joy.

Reactions: lash
I expect Seekins will weather this deluge of orders and interest. Their rifles shoot very well, so even if some people are left waiting right now, and sour because of it, the Seekins rifles will keep their accuracy reputation.

I would bet that the 2020-2022 period taught many mfrs about demand vs supply, cutting corners or making people wait, etc.