• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Shilen or Lilja 10/22 barrel

Re: Shilen or Lilja 10/22 barrel

I know it is not what you are asking for, but you may want to look at the Kidd barrels as an alternative.
KIDBarrel_LRG.jpg

http://coolguyguns.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6
I've yet to hear anything but rave reviews.
They are stainless steel barrels that are bored and rifled by Lothar Walther in Germany.

as far as those prices from midway. thats crazy high for a 10-22. i got a shilen don't remember what i paided for it but it was less than those kidd barrels and its a tack driver. its the match bull barrel and is smooth. there was a topic a while back on the difference between shilen and lijla and pretty much everybody said there was no real difference except price. and the vast majority of the ppl who posted all agreed the kidd was the best barrel. so for those choices there i would definitely take the kidd barrel. that saves you atleast 200 bucks which you can use for a nice trigger more ammo anything. hope this helps you some.

ohhh yeah also don't leave out tactical solutions barrels either. they aren't quite on the level as the ones mentioned above for supreme accuracy but they are very accurate and are light as hell. plus they are very reasonable priced

I would go with the Kidd barrel, I have one and it is boringly accurate. Last time is shot it was 5 / 10shot groups at 75yds and all could be covered with a nickle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Balthasar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you check brownells for the shilen? That's where I got mine. </div></div>

I did. Most places I tried all said out of stock and dont know when more is coming.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triggerhappy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would go with the Kidd barrel, I have one and it is boringly accurate. Last time is shot it was 5 / 10shot groups at 75yds and all could be covered with a nickle. </div></div>

I agree. Tony and Mary are great to deal with too.

Keith

I've never bought a Shilen. But I have several Lilja barrels. Dan is great. I have always ordered direct and had very fast turn around time. Even on my last order which was a custom barrel that he normally doesn't stock.