• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Shooting Off Hand Rifle ELR

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
I saw Ryan Cheney and some other light gun ELR shooters, shooting a left hand gun in ELR matches while they were shooting from right shoulder. Is there an advantage in ELR for shooting off hand guns?

I saw Ryan Cheney and some other light gun ELR shooters, shooting a left hand gun in ELR matches while they were shooting from right shoulder. Is there an advantage in ELR for shooting off hand guns?
Single feeding from the left side without lifting your head or taking your firing hand off the weapon... Very common in benchrest

Reactions: harry_x1
Ryan does it cause of a car wreck Injury. But some rt handed guys use lt bolt to keep into the rifle so they don't loose sight picture and form.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskydriver
In my openion having dule port rt bolt lt load rt eject for light class would be great . On heavy gun I don't run ejectors. So a standard set up is best. For heavy gun I want the action as stiff and as strong as possable.
I don't run an ejector either so it's extremely easy with the dual port to just reach up and poke it out. It's a 2" BAT EXS action and extremely solid and stiff also.

Reactions: Asgard1