• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

Shooting some Chey Tacs today

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
Thanks to Mike Donnelly, who should be joining the Hide soon, of Chey Tac here in Connecticut we had some fun today with 2 M200s in 408 Chey Tac, an M310 in 375 Chey Tac and an M310 in .308. Only down side is we only had my 400 yard range to shoot them on but it's always fun pulling the trigger on one of these. A couple other Hide members joined us too. Dfar, who sells Chey Tacs for anyone looking, and his 300WM were out there, Echo6 Sierra and his S&B topped .308 and MMCM/SS stopped by and pulled a trigger after he was done getting the club indoc. A pretty fun day at the range.
PB070398.jpg

PB070401.jpg

PB070399.jpg

PB070400.jpg

Re: Shooting some Chey Tacs today

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">which one is the .375?</div></div>

The Top one.

The second to last black M200 is a 408.

Zeroed, SE Georgia is a little drive from CT.
wink.gif
Range is Ledyard Sportsmans Club in Ledyard CT. It's private but not expensive to join.

Desert if I lived in AZ I would have one but not in CT.

I was stationed at Ft. Stewart, GA. Just got out and moved back up to CT and didn't update profile. I'll have to look into that club b/c most of the ranges around CT are 200 yards max to the best of my knowledge.

You're right most are 200 yards max. I was glad to find Ledyard. Where are you in CT?

Recoil is not bad at all due to the excellent muzzle breaks. They are easy rifle to shoot and they don't beat you up at all. Even the lighter .375 wasn't any worse than a stout .308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Recoil is not bad at all due to the excellent muzzle breaks. They are easy rifle to shoot and they don't beat you up at all. Even the lighter .375 wasn't any worse than a stout .308. </div></div>

The muzzles broke? They look fine in the pictures.

Wish I was there playing with you bro!! We may have to make the trip back up to Arco for another week at the school we ahd a blast the last time we were there and it was a good course.

Paper and a little steel. The .375 wasn't sighted in when it showed up and we didn't have alot of ammo for it but we had it dropping in an 8" shoot and see without a problem at 400. Should be mentioned though that 400 yards for this rifle or the 408 isn't really a good test. I personally liked the 408 better and it shot a tighter at 400 yards as well.

Rob01, Looks like a fun day! I had the pleasure of meeting Mike at the range last week; he was nice enough to let me check out his Chey Tac in 308. Very nice stuff!

Steve123, I was in Flagstaff for the first time a few weeks ago, and chances are will be again soon. Are there any non private long distance ranges in the area close by?

Hello everybody ! My name is Mike Donnelly I am a new member to the Hide and the guy in the green shirt who is the CheyTac rep. for Connecticut. We were lucky to have a nice day and some company ammo to shoot for a demo at Rob's range. So Thank You Rob for a great time.
I am heading out of town tomorrow for a few weeks due to work but I will be back on the hide when I return I am not taking my computer with me just my cell so getting on the hide will be tough . lol
Mike

Ok, the more I read up on the Chey-Tac system the more interested I become!

So, what would that second to the end picture one run?

Rifle
Rings
Scope
Extra mags
Ammo

+/- 8,500 – 9,500 ???