SHOT 2012 - Show Day 2

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
SHOT 2012 - Show Day 2 (18 Jan 2012) - bits and pieces re ELR (all in one piece to hopefully preclude a spam call for multiples) - my take away (partial, alpha order):

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Link for pics</span></span> - http://elr-resources.com/page16.html

1. Accurate Mag Products - 3.850” (CIP long action), double stack, single feed bottom metal kit in 338 LM (shipping now, also a single stack version for Savage BA); they are “tooling now” for their upcoming (EOY 2012), patent-pending, “the insert weapon” chassis system (which uses an “intermediate block” with integrated trunnion lug receivers to hold the barreled action in place - two trunnions are integrated into the chassis; uses v-block-style inserts to adapt the BA to the intermediate block; in place, but not locked down, the barreled action swivels around the trunnions). Pics.

2. American Rifle Company - M10 rings (“recoil proof”)

3. CAMDEX (how Hornady and others load ammo, including 50 BMG). Pics.

4. Colorado Gun Sales - now importing Swiss Arms’ “SAN 511 Precision Rifle” (50 BMG). Pics.

5. CZ - 550 Magnum H.E.T. (not new). Pic.

6. Defiance Machine - new website (partial specs and limited pics) and new actions - info not on website:
“Titan” - 50 BMG-based, .920” bolt, 1.70” OD, MSRP: $3000. Pics.
“Renegade” - 408 CT-based, .80” bolt, 1.47” OD, MSRP: $1750. Pics.
Each action built to customer spec as to option set with MANY options available.
Taking orders NOW, expects 60-90 day delivery. Prices same for single shot and receiver.
In-house designed and manufactured DBMs in 1-2 months - ambi mag release inside lower, front of guard; unique tensioning pin/mechanism to stop mag rattle, EDM’d for fit.

7. Eberlestock - Model 11 Stealth Rifle Chassis system. Pics.

8. FNH USA – “Ballista”. Pics.

9. J. Allen Enterprises - “JAE-700 Precision Rifle Stock”

10. Kensight - 700 SA/RA chassis system (future product - info only, no pics or specs)

11. Krieger - has added 338 caliber to their 5-R rifling offerings, effective immediately (they noted this is a based on customer demand, not any demonstrated performance improvement)

12. Manners Composite Stocks (MCS) - MCS-TF (Tactical Folder), newly released. Pic.

13. McMillan - “TAC” updates:
TAC-50 A1 - 5” longer forend, option for vertical cheekpiece adjustment; smaller pistol grip; lighter, more adjustable, and sturdier bipod
TAC-50-A1-R2 - features a “hydraulic recoil mitigation system” (hydraulic piston in the buttstock) which “reduces the peak recoil from the 50 BMG cartridge by approximately 90%”.
TAC-416 (say Hello, California!) - same spec as TAC-50-A1 except 416 Barrett, 1 in 13 twist, optional 30” light contour barrel (29” Navy contour standard), single shot only. Pics.

14. Remington - belatedly added XCR Tactical Long Range in 338 LM (was advised at the show that the online info is incorrect and that this model has been available for some time). Of note, Badger DBM, timed muzzle brake, three (3) very wide flutes in the barrel (“harmonic flutting” - to help cancel barrel whip).

15. Serbu - “BFG-50A”, semi-auto, 50 BMG rifle. Pics.

16. Ten-X Tactical - TX-50 Reloading Press (not new; for 338 LM, and smaller, through 50 BMG-based cartridges). Pics.

This (along with the separate "SHOT 2012 - Media Day and Day 1" post) covers the entire show. Please be so kind as to advise of any broken or incorrect links.

Thank you and God Bless!

Re: SHOT 2012 - Show Day 2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigNoise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-The Eberlestock chassis is pure sex.
-Nice to see a Cheytac sized action from Defiance. </div></div>

The do look the part alright.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm short of breath looking at the Eberlestock. So awesome. </div></div>

But $1,895.00 without options awesome?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cegorach</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm short of breath looking at the Eberlestock. So awesome. </div></div>

But $1,895.00 without options awesome? </div></div>

For me? Yes. It doesn't have anything it shouldn't have. In my opinion a lot of the new chassis rigs have gotten too complicated, even if I love how they look. I love the looks of the JAE, but are thumb wheels, and various other accessories really needed? If you ever had to take it apart it would take forever. I don't like the weight of the AI chassis, and I think the Stalker Gen. II is butt-ugly.

Is it expensive? Very...but so are the costs associated with manufacturing it. Looks like a lot of CNC work involved. Cost probably could have been cut somewhere, but you have to give it to eberlestock for not cutting corners to lure in more potential buyers. US made as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm short of breath looking at the Eberlestock. So awesome. </div></div>personally I dont like te look of it and for its price point if correct of $1800 odd dollar-screw that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm short of breath looking at the Eberlestock. So awesome. </div></div>personally I dont like te look of it and for its price point if correct of $1800 odd dollar-screw that </div></div>

I have been waiting four months for the price to come up. Well...

What other stocks, without the folding option, are available at a more affordable price?

BTW FYI I wrote to them and the weight of the stock alone is four pounds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: varoum</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm short of breath looking at the Eberlestock. So awesome. </div></div>personally I dont like te look of it and for its price point if correct of $1800 odd dollar-screw that </div></div>

I have been waiting four months for the price to come up. Well...

What other stocks, without the folding option, are available at a more affordable price?

BTW FYI I wrote to them and the weight of the stock alone is four pounds. </div></div>

Awesome, I was wondering about the weight of the stock myself.