Shotmarker or similar for 22lr

I have participated in RF matches where they used shot markers for the longer range targets. They will work but not with 100% trust in their function. My feelings (opinion) is that the intermittent function is because the MD tried to use existing steel targets on the range that are for center fire. These are too thick and heavy and the RF bullet doesn't have enough energy to reliably activate the marker when hits are at the extreme end of the steel from the sensor. At other matches that used thin targets, (only usable for rimfire) they will ring and move even at 400 yds with no marker needed. But if you have the budget and couple a thin target with a marker it should be foolproof.

I have participated in RF matches where they used shot markers for the longer range targets. They will work but not with 100% trust in their function. My feelings (opinion) is that the intermittent function is because the MD tried to use existing steel targets on the range that are for center fire. These are too thick and heavy and the RF bullet doesn't have enough energy to reliably activate the marker when hits are at the extreme end of the steel from the sensor. At other matches that used thin targets, (only usable for rimfire) they will ring and move even at 400 yds with no marker needed. But if you have the budget and couple a thin target with a marker it should be foolproof.

I don't think you understand what a ShotMarker system is or how it actually works...

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.51.06 AM.png

Screenshot taken from the Shotmarker website, most rimfire ammo is less than 900 FPS at 100 yards let alone "longer ranges"

Well, enlighten me.

Nevermind, OP is asking about scoring system and i'm talking about led hit sensor.

Shotmarker

Hit indicator

First one i made was wooden but was a pain in the ass to move around without a van, this one packs up , but the next one will be aluminum, not too keen on transporting more weight than necessary.

40x40 steel sections, hardox 500x munting points and protector for the transmitter,3d printed cable guides and mesh holder, mesh is kind of what is used to reinforce drywall or foamed concrete just so you can attach ither a dot or an actual target to it.

331206865_5717942478315016_8072612906582111724_n (1).jpg

Reactions: Rover31