• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

SIG 516 mods?

pattho0

Private
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2013
SWEDEN
Hi,

I've bought a SIG 516 patrol and would like to know what aftermarket parts that will fit (apart from triggers and furniture), and what you would recommend? Will the POF Roller Cam Pin fit? What about aftermarket charging handles?

I'll be visiting Quantico next week so if you know of a good place to shop for AR parts, please let me know.

Thanks,

Patrik

Just about everything and anything that will fit a standard AR-15 will work on the Sig. IMO there's really not much else to do it except maybe the trigger and the charging the handle....

Piston, gas system, barrel & barrel nut (?), bolt carrier - proprietary.

There have been some posts suggesting the SIG & LWRC bolt carriers are interchangeable.

Well, I bought a Troy ambidextrous charging handle and it did not fit (it did fit my DI AR). I'm looking for another ambidextrous charging handle - does anyone have any experience with one that will fit a SIG516?

accessorizing the 516 sig... lightening it some.. thanks and questions..

I would like to lighten my rifle a bit, it has a collapsible stock and a few rails it probably seems heavier than it is with all the weight forward. I just have a sig tac 3x crosshair on it, and need some iron sights for it, too; but the weight is not in the little sight.. what ways are there to lighten the rifle up some? I got it used and am not familiar with how heavy or light it can become... it is a vehicle carry around passenger-side companion arm for outings where serious deer hunting is not the main focus. Varmints, other game, targets of opportunity and some plinking at longer than typical rimfire range is expected. some paper will be punched for kicks.. I can weigh it if it would help.. (hope it not stupid not to have done this already, the gun is mostly stock and does not seem overly covered with rails, and has nothing else on it. ) heavier than a friend's bushmaster.
Thanks in advance.
with a small trigger upgrade to sort of be closer to my other guns I shoot a whole lot, I will enjoy it much more, and can live with the weight. I am spoiled to at least some scope magnification on rifles, and especially if I can save some weight I may put a little better glass on it, though 3x is enough for a lot of shooting... I enjoy shooting all types of targets small or not, so light but strong mount suggestions would be great too.
dan kennison

Just about everything and anything that will fit a standard AR-15 will work on the Sig. IMO there's really not much else to do it except maybe the trigger and the charging the handle....

Careful. The sig 516 is a piston gun that uses many proprietary parts. Barrels, gas blocks, bolt carriers, gas tubes, hand guards and potentially many other parts will not interchange, or many causes issues. I would suggest keeping the working parts of the rifle stock unless there is a problem you are trying to resolve. In the case of an actual problem, let sig fix it, part of the deal when buying a factory gun is a warranty. I wouldn't bother with the pof roller cam pin.

As far as other parts, they should work with any aftermarket trigger. I prefer geissele to everything else I have tried. If you want a longer or lighter rail, lancer is the only company I know making aftermarket rails for the 516. They are made of carbon fiber and extend around and beyond the gas block. They seem well made and sig started shipping factory guns with their rails so they should be gtg.