• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sig 716 accuracy

Houston Fire 34

Private
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2012
Texas
I'm fixing to get a Sig 716 FDE and was wondering what kind of accuracy I shoot expect. I normally shoot bolt gun in 308 so this is new for me. Is sub moa a reality with my own loads or is it not achievable. Was thinking of putting a new barrel and bolt carrier group if it's a problem. So is the sig a good starter or should I go else where?

Before you pass judgement on the Accuracy of your rifle I suggest to replace or at least "Tune" your factory Trigger before anything else. It'll make a World of Difference in terms of Testing Potential Accuracy. Also a good scope will also be on the top of my list as well.

They're great guns but heavy as well. Congrats and Good Luck!

Cheers

HOG.

Thanks for the info. Gonna run a CMC trigger and vortex optics on it. It's gonna b my 800yrd hog gun so I do need it to b fairly accurate. I'm hoping it's gonna b like any of my other rifles I set up. Find the right ammo and that's it.

Hog is absolutely right. Any semi gun needs to have a trigger tuned to the shooter to work really well. Once done you should have a great rifle.

My only complaint I have with my FDE 716's trigger needs to be replaced. To heavy when trying for real small groups. It can be done but it's not easy. A switch to the Geissele SSA-E trigger will make a big difference and of course a good quality scope of at least 3-15X50.

Last edited:
As others have said ,the trigger is a good start. I have a green Sig 716 P with a Geissele 3 gun trigger in mine with a Vortex Viper 4-16x50 SFP and it shoots sub moa with the Southwest ammo 168 grain Amax all day long . I do wish I got the SSA-E ,as the 3 gun has some creep to it . I will be changing the trigger to the SSA-E next month. IMHO Sig should use a smoother lighter trigger in the 716 right from the factory . FYI I tried tuneing the stock trigger on the sig with a lighter trigger spring and polishing , it was slightly better but not much . The Geissele SSA-E is the way to go .

Last edited:
As others have said ,the trigger is a good start. I have a green Sig 716 P with a Geissele 3 gun trigger in mine with a Vortex Viper 4-16x50 SFP and it shoots sub moa with the Southwest ammo 168 grain Amax all day long . I do wish I got the SSA-E ,as the 3 gun has some creep to it . I will be changing the trigger to the SSA-E next month. IMHO Sig should use a smoother lighter trigger in the 716 right from the factory . FYI I tried tuneing the stock trigger on the sig with a lighter trigger spring and polishing , it was slightly better but not much . The Geissele SSA-E is the way to go .

I completely agree with using the SSA-E trigger. That's my go to Geissle trigger. I also tried the JP trigger spring with the same results. However it did work fine on a few other AR's I own reducing the trigger pull to about 4 lbs.