• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sig 716 Trigger

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
I took my 716 out this morning. Trigger is terrible. It is so stiff and gritty I pull my shots right and down a tad. When I use sand bags and lock the rifle in place I have no problem. Off a bipod I pull them. I am now looking at an AR Gold trigger. Any other suggestions or experience with it?

I had an AR Gold trigger for about fifteen minutes. Had two significant problems:

1) The mechanism works against a spring-loaded plunger (at the top of the housing - can't remember if it was for the trigger return or for pull weight). I could feel the grit of the plunger moving in its recess. Felt awful.

2) It's not a guaranteed drop-in. The manufacturer has built-in extra material on the lever that the selector cams against. You may (or may not) have to fit the lever to your safety. I didn't put it to the test but am pretty sure that once you grind on it, it's your's.

So I could only install the one I had into a lower without the selector in place. I found that the first stage was very light and the break was fairly crisp and predictable. I couldn't judge the overtravel because my installation was incomplete without the selector. The aforementioned grit of the plunger moving in the housing throughout the trigger's travel was intolerable (and inexcusable considering the price-point).

Cue the posts claiming that the AR Gold's pull is smooth as butter.

BTW, I use the Wilson Combat 4.5# single-stage or the Wilson 3.5# 3-gun triggers.

Last edited:
Depends on what kind of trigger you like. For a nice crisp, light 3.5lb 2 stage; Geissele SSA-E.

For a nice crisp, light single stage; Geissele S3G. The SG3 will come with a 3.5 and 4.5lb spring.

Either one of those would be a vast improvement over the OEM trigger.

Depends on what kind of trigger you like. For a nice crisp, light 3.5lb 2 stage; Geissele SSA-E.

For a nice crisp, light single stage; Geissele S3G. The SG3 will come with a 3.5 and 4.5lb spring.

Either one of those would be a vast improvement over the OEM trigger.

That's what I am looking at. I want to go single stage on my SBR and double on my precision rifle. I have been reading the Geissele is the way to go. No set screws or anything just put it in and don't worry.

That's what I am looking at. I want to go single stage on my SBR and double on my precision rifle. I have been reading the Geissele is the way to go. No set screws or anything just put it in and don't worry.

Yup, for a non adj. trigger, I think the S3G and SSA-E are hard to beat. The S3G with the 3.5lb spring is a killer trigger for speed.

As for drop in units, I've read the Wilson Combat TTU is nice but I haven't tried one...yet..