sig cross sawtooth vs. bergara HMR pro

Blythe Wurster

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2024
California
Hi all,

first time poster, long time fan of the site.

I'm Looking for opinions on the new sig cross sawtooth w/ proof barrel vs bergara premier hmr pro. both in 300 prc

Both have a sub MOA guarantee from factory. Sawtooth is about 1k more.

sawtooth is 8.1lb, bergara 9.8 before attachments. and 24 vs 26in barrel

I know the sawtooth is relatively new and tough to find hands on data, while the bergara seems much more proven from what ive read. And I'm torn between the two for long range hobby shooting out to a mile. with an occasional hunt tossed in maybe once a year (mountain hunting in CA)

Which co. has better CS and such
pros & cons of either platform
which may be more accurate at ELR
Is caliber changing just a barrel swap on the bargara like it is the sawtooth?
Any user experiences to draw from with the new sawtooth?

i already have glass, Razor HD gen 2 4.5-27x56

TIA!

Last edited:
I'd pay the upcharge and get a proof barrel. Button vs cut rifled barrels is worth something, you just gotta decide how much it's worth to you personally.

I've owned a sig cross and a buddy owned one as well. Both are excellent rifles and a proof barrel would only make them better.

A hunting partner has a Bergara in 6.5prc and it has a pretty slow barrel on it. (Sample size of 1 doesn't mean very much).

All that said do you like stocks are chassis? Is being able to fold the stock to make it easier to pack or transport make your life easier?

ive had those same thoughts about the proof barrel being better as a stock offering for obvious reasons. accuracy is certainly worth something to me. my only reservation is does the bergara get the many reported reviews ive seen of 1/2-3/4 moa making the proof barrel less of an "upgrade" than it is on paper. and does that translate to 1000 dollars well saved for bergara upgrades like a KRG bravo or other lighter stock offering vs the HMR stock @ 4lb, plus a barrel, action, brake ect improvements.

as for the stock/chassis question i cant recall ever having or using a folder on a rifle personally. for packing i can imagine it making life much easier or friendly, but thats all ive got. my current plan, if i used either for a hunt would be hand carry, then attach the rifle to my bag for either option when hiking long or treacherous terrain.

I just ordered myself a Cross Magnum in 300 PRC. Once it arrives I too will post up a review of the rifle.

Last edited: