Sig Kilo 10K updates

AFGWS

Airplane light repair man
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
I've had my 10K's going for over a year and used them for NRL Hunter the past 2 seasons. This year the updates have really caused some havoc. The update in April switched my settings and changed it to MOA. Good thing I didn't check it before my first stage and had to attempt a solution on the clock. Lesson learned.

Fast forward to the NRL Finale this week. Updated early last week and had the exact same issue. Had to delete the profile in the app on my phone and recreate it to get it to work. Had a friend on my squad have it happen to him twice on day 1. Ended up deleting the profile and recreating it to get his to work again. Day 2 mine decided to dump all my data and switch back to factory default 308 demo profile and wouldn't load the only profile I had on the binoculars or the App. Moved to the next stage, pop them out and they're back to normal.

If you plan to use yours on any upcoming hunts, make sure you update way early and find a solution or turn off Bluetooth completely and don't update. I talked to Sig and the crew at the Finale had it happen to one of them, so they are aware.

I despise any manf who puts out a product that doesn’t require affirmation by the owner before upgrading firmware. It’s is incredibly arrogant and the owner is the one who paid for this, not the manf.

Same happened to me in June when I was on a PD hunt. Total pain in the ass. Wouldn't save settings and reverted to MOA every time. Had to rebuild profiles.

*Edit*
Mine also threw off the decimal place. Instead of 10.9 mils, it would display 1.09 mils. I had to adjust everything to compensate for it. I deleted and reloaded the app twice thinking it would help.
So sad considering they were amazing the last almost 2 years.

Last edited:
I despise any manf who puts out a product that doesn’t require affirmation by the owner before upgrading firmware. It’s is incredibly arrogant and the owner is the one who paid for this, not the manf.
I'm pretty sure mine asked it I wanted to update. I don't remember it saying "this update is fucked and will ruin all your info" though.

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23