Sig KILO3000 BDX vs Vortex Fury HD 5000?

adrenaline681

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2019
Hello, I'm looking for good multipurpose rangefinder binoculars, for hunting, long-range shooting, etc.

I was looking at the Vortex Fury HD 5000 which seems to be a pretty good piece of equipment and it also has the Vortex VIP warranty and it costs $1200.
After doing some more research I also found the Sig KILO3000 BDX which is also a 10x42 and has the same price.

I know the Sig includes the ballistic calculation inside of the range finder. Although this is very nice especially if you are using a BDX scope (which I don't have). I do own the Applied Ballistics App on my phone where I can get my ballistic calculation.

If I had to choose between the VIP lifetime warranty and the ballistic calculation I think I would choose the lifetime warranty.

Are there any other differences between these two items?
Does anyone have any experience with these? Any advice of where should I put my money towards?

Many thanks in advance!

Do you even search bro? There's at least 3-4 threads on these optics. In sum, they have about the same glass and ranging capability. And, you've basically answered your own question. If you want connectivity with a Kestrel go with the Sig. If you want the better warranty go with the Vortex. 5 year warranty on the Sig is probably enough to take you to where it's obsolete any how.

Do you even search bro? There's at least 3-4 threads on these optics. In sum, they have about the same glass and ranging capability. And, you've basically answered your own question. If you want connectivity with a Kestrel go with the Sig. If you want the better warranty go with the Vortex. 5 year warranty on the Sig is probably enough to take you to where it's obsolete any how.
In the OPs defense the search feature on SH is a joke and about worthless have you ever used it? I haven’t had any damn luck with it.

In the OPs defense the search feature on SH is a joke and about worthless have you ever used it? I haven’t had any damn luck with it.

Some suggested I go off site and google search w/ snipershide in the description it’s much more useful at finding actual answers

In the op defense I’ve been reading the posts on the 3000bdx and the fury for quite a while and I’m still stuck between the two myself I’ve yet to see a real side by side 3000 vs. fury comparison on the things the specs won’t tell me like real world ranging capabilities in less than ideal conditions or glass quality however subjective it is

Some suggested I go off site and google search w/ snipershide in the description it’s much more useful at finding actual answers

In the op defense I’ve been reading the posts on the 3000bdx and the fury for quite a while and I’m still stuck between the two myself I’ve yet to see a real side by side 3000 vs. fury comparison on the things the specs won’t tell me like real world ranging capabilities in less than ideal conditions or glass quality however subjective it is
I have the 3000BDX it has performed flawless for me so far and has exceeded my exceptions. As far a comparing it to the Vortex Furys to me there is no comparison if every other spec is pretty much identical. 300BDXs have a built in ballistic computer and can link to an external app and to a Kestrel Elite. That is a pretty huge extra feature if every thing else is equal I mean why wouldn't you choose the 300BDXs to me it is a no brainier and not even a question especially considering they are about the same price.

Reactions: Changed
Last week a red dot died on me mid shooting, I only had it for 1.5 years and I had taken very good care of it.
It was only worth 150 dollars but it was still very annoying. Luckily I called Holosun and the next day they shipped me a brand new one (slightly better model).

Now, if this happens with 150 dollar product and the warranty doesn't cover the electronics it will sting, but if it happens with a 1200 dollar product it will really suck...

I understand your point of view before I was leaning more towards the Fury due to the warranty and piece of mind and since I can always use the AB App on my phone to get ballistics info.

But now I'm slowly starting to see the value in the Sig since it seems that is slightly better but with the 5 years warranty in electronics, it's maybe a bit of a gamble you have to take.

Reactions: .30kal
I’ve compared the two, and the Sig is the clear winner. The rangefinder is leagues above the Vortex.
FWIW my experience was that the Sig was slightly better than the Vortex at ELR distances but both were excellent.

If the Sig was "leagues above" I would say you got a bad Vortex and would send it back for repair.

Last edited:
Adrenaline call cammeraland at his price the sig really is a no brained I ordered my 3000bdx after my post I was on the fence for a while now between these and the fury and I couldn’t be happier with them glass is pretty good but the range finder is excellent

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
Me either! I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s noticed this. It always tells me it’s to short to long or to common. Sometimes I do get lucky and I always use search key first. However I don’t mind these threads even if their repeated questions. so long as their not trolling and clearly op isn’t. Hell if you don’t want to answer or provide some help or good information just move along. Right!? We’re all here to help and talk guns. The more the better. ? On that note op I’m sorry I don’t own either and cannot tell you more about them. But I do like sigs ballistic calculators and I think their warranty is 5 years. If something goes wrong after that; chances are there’s going to be a newer and even better model/brand before that time frame anyways. I wouldn’t base my decision solely on warranty for this particular item.

Reactions: Steel+Killer