Suppressors Sig P232 suppressed?

mdmp5

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2009
    Is it possible to suppress a Sig P232? I don't know of any place to get a replacement threaded barrel for this pistol.

Re: Sig P232 suppressed?

Being a blowback action, you will be dissapointed due to the noise and gas coming out of the breach end.

Unless you change springs (making it unreliable un suppressed) or carve a ring in the chamber (ditto).

Similar to suppressing a PPK - you can, but you won't like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In2b8u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think you would need a threaded barrel. I would contact ADCO or Tornado Tech and have an adapter made for the barrel. </div></div>

The typical way to provide a proper suppressor interface to something like a P230/P232 is to thread the barrel either externally or internally and then fabricate an adapter that will extend the barrel. Maybe I am missing something here, so I'd appreciate any insight you can give me. Exactly how else could you attach a suppressor to a P232 barrel without threading the barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In2b8u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bookhound,
    The key word in both our post is "adapter". </div></div>

Yes, but how do you get the adapter on the barrel without threading the barrel? That is my question.

You cant attach a suppressor without a threaded barrel... plain and simple. Either thread it or create some sort of twist lock.

Anything you think of is probably already out there.

Have you called Tornado Tech to ask if they would thread it for you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You cant attach a suppressor without a threaded barrel... plain and simple. Either thread it or create some sort of twist lock.
    </div></div>

Yep. Exactly my point. And on something like the P230/P232 pistols the only really feasible way is to thread the existing barrel, create an adapter that extends the barrel and then thread that end for the suppressor interface.

Honestly, the only firearm I ever regret selling is a P230. A couple years after I sold it a friend showed me his suppressed P232 and it was a really great little host, IMHO. True that it was a bit louder than other 9mm hosts, but it still was pretty quiet. My buddy also worked up some good loads for the setup. We ran it with a shorty 9mm suppressor with wire pulling gel. Very cool. Well, to me at least it was cool.

Mark

Let me clarify, the op stated he wanted a replacement barrel for his p232. I guess the answer was not illustrated enough. A replacement barrel is not practical because the old barrel would need to be pressed out and the new one pressed in. It can be done but is not practical for the end user.
    Yes the barrel needs to be threaded, but for and adapter to secure the device on, eliminating the need for a replacement barrel for the owner. Sorry you missed my inference bookhound.