• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sig Sauer won't zero

I don’t own a sig scope; but before sending it back. Lets try a few things.

1) proper torque on scope rings/mount?

2) are you trying to zero at 100 yards?

If so, try using a ballistics calculator (gravity ballistics, shooter calculator…etc.) set it for a 100 yard zero. But check the 25 yard info. And Zero using 25 yard data.

Example: I wanted a 200 yard zero. So POA and POI are the same at 200 yards. Well at 25 yards POI is 0.6 inches lower than POA. So i just adjusted for bullet impact to be 0.5 inch (I’m lazy 0.5 is close enough to 0.6 for me 🤣) lower than my aim. At 200 it was close enough for me.

A short range zero will help you not only get on paper but get damn close to where you need to be. Its just math and physics 😎

NOTE..slight adjustments from short range zero are needed when confirming zero intended zeroing range!!

I hope this helps. I know i suck at explaining things. Hopefully others can chime in.

Reactions: doubloon
I don't have all that fancy equipment but the problem I'm having is it won't hit twice in the same place not even close
You don’t need fancy equipment. Shooters calculator is a free website.

BUT. Its sounds like that isn’t quite the issue. I would double check the torque on your scope ring screws and mount. Seems silly. But i had trouble zeroing the scope only to find the scope mount screw became loose.

Reactions: doubloon
Not loose everything is torqued this scope has been on 4 different rifles with 3 kinds of ammo same results
Normally with grouping issues I'd do this
1. Check re torque action screws
2. Degrease retorque rings bases
3. Check for anything that might be contacting barrel any screws contacting in friend?
4. Put another scope that's i know works (fixed swfa great for this )

What kinda scope ?

Take it off, take the base off. Re-install everything to torque spec. If that doesn't fix it, check the gun. Look for action screw torque. Make sure you're base screws aren't contacting the barrel, make sure the muzzle device is tight and secured soundly. If all that is good, try different ammo. If all of that is the same, hamd it to someone else to shoot. There are so many things that it could be. The odds that your scope decided to die, for no reason after working correctly on 3 previous rifles are pretty low.

As mentioned before, if you can shoot moa or better with a different setup, and if this same problem persists when moving the scope to different rifles, perhaps it can't hold zero.

Call Sig. The one time I had to send in a scope they took care of me with amazing service. I've never owned vortex but I would probably say I had the same customer service from sig as those with vortex optics do with vortex.

My problem was, I accidentally dropped my rifle from a deer stand about 10 feet in the air. Scope hit metal frame and made it down to the mud. The windage turret was what hit the metal frame and came apart. I told them it was my fault and that I had even painted the scope myself with rattle cans. Some companies will void warranty if you modify the item. Sig didn't care and said to still send it in.

Out of curiosity, I still checked zero as it was, without windage turret. The glass was still clearly. My damn scope still held the same elevation zero. My windage did shift but that was to be expected lol.