• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SIG522LR

userids

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2009
anyone seen or fired one in person?

The Look and Feel of the Classic SIG556 ™ in Affordable .22 Rifle SIG SAUER, Inc., the leading manufacturer of commercial, law enforcement, and military firearms fuels the demand for the legendary SIG556 performance but in an affordable .22 LR caliber with the new SIG522 semi-automatic rifle. Featuring SIG556 parts including a Swiss type folding stock and polymer forend on a durable metal receiver with integral Picatinny rail, and a Mini Red Dot sight. The SIG522 provides the avid sport shooter plenty of action on a classic military style platform that give the look, feel and dependability of our full size SIG556.

Item Number SIG522001
Caliber .22 LR
Overall Length 35.1 in
length w/Stock Collapsed 33.6
length w/Stock Folded 26.1 in
Barrel Length 16.6 in
Rifling 1 in 16 in
Sight Radius 18.1 in
Forearm Polymer
Magazine Capacity 10 rds / 25 rds
Weight w/Empty Magazine 6.4 lbs
Stock Type Folding
MSRP $543.00

Re: SIG522LR

The 522lr should be a lot of fun. I was interested when they were first announced awhile ago. The last I heard is that they won't be available until late fall. But thats not based on any thing official just what a local dealer told me.

I have a bad taste in my mouth with sig sauer after my mosquito. failure to feed and extract mini mags (the only ammo they said the gun will work with) I wanted them to fix it but all they said they could do was send me some actions springs. They sent me 5 or 6 but none worked. They told me that i needed to put at least 1000 rounds threw it for break in. So 1 weekend and 100 bucks in 22 ammo still didnt work for more than 3 rounds. I sold the gun and bought a buckmark and in 1000 rounds 5 fte. Way better gun altho it dont look as cool. I hope they got there 22's figured out. If it was me I would just get .22 conversion for an ar15.

I feel your pain with the mosquito. I've got one too and I don't shoot it nearly as much as I anticipated. I haven't had many issues with mini mags though. One day I was getting fte/ftfs every other round of bulk ammo. At home I looked it over and decided to just work the action....alot. The next day I had a lot less issues with it but still had issues with bulk ammo and none with the mini mags.

I thought I read somewhere that the chamber is too small and that is what is causing a lot of the problems. I think someone ran a chamber reamer down theirs and it cleared up the problems. I hope the 522lr doesn't have the same issues either.

Had a similar problem with my 220carry, that it wasnt feeding, but after 400-500 rds (like Sig told me) it has worked flawlessly! Know nothing about the Mosquito, but I wouldnt think twice about buying another sig, was thinking of putting the conversion kit on for pracitce.