Silencerco asr muzzle brake...

Squat

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2018
Tampa Florida
Just wondering how these stack up. Wanted to shoot my 6.5 suppressed and with the brake but wanted the brake to actually work. Is it for looks or does it work? And how does it compare. From what I’ve read it seems middle of the pack. Thanks

I have asr brakes almost exclusively on my rifles. With that said unless you are going to use sico suppressors there are better options for pure recoil dissipation. On 6.5 creed I feel like its a decent brake for the money but I have used apa's in the past and feel they did a better job at recoil mitigation overall on other calibers used.

I’m actually bisuppressed.... I expect to be able to use all the same things that an unsuppressed or suppressed uses or does

So if it works I’ll use it and then enjoy the options of both sides lol. I just need to make the flag

I have two of their cans and wanted to use them

Reactions: Chipster
I was pretty invested with the asr brakes and the thunderbeast brakes, I finally ponied up and went with all the area 419 hellfire adapters. So if I want to shoot with the brake, it doesn't get much better than the hellfire. If I want to use my Omega, hybrid or ultra 7, its a simple just unscrew the brake and screw on the can. Just an exceptional system, just a pretty big upfront cost if you have multiple cans and need a few adapters. But money very well spent for me, and to answer your other question, you can't compare the asr brake to the hellfire as far as recoil reduction. Hellfire is in a different league.
Nice it’s not bad. Ill get one soon