• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Simrad

Mikewoodmp

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2023
Virginia
Just curious on what I have here. I mean I know it’s night vision and the picture quality is great just trying to pick the brain of someone in the know.

IMG_0407.jpeg

Last edited:
Just curious on what I have here. I mean I know it’s night vision and the picture quality is great just trying to pick the brain of someone in the know.

View attachment 8507563

I use mine all the time . Don't let the age of this NV clip-on fool you . It is a little intimidating to everyone who ever first had a pvs-9 and it being married to the QD cantilever top front Scope Ring set-up.
You just have to work up your holdovers/drop chart to having a 6"+ sight over center Bore depending on your scope setup. But that not a negative, and I find it a positive at night when hunting. Also the huge Obj. and catadioptric lens set-up really makes a great projected image . Another Big plus is, that you fully control the collimation witness to your day scopes Zero, and It not a set from factory thing.
You just got to get it out in the field and start putting rounds down range. Get it collimated. Start taking PVS-9 Off and On between shots to start gaining trust in your equipment.

I appreciate the reply. My issue is not fully understanding the equipment. What calibers is it rated for? And I have been trying to find videos or decent reading material on zero instructions as I’m sure the sight to bore plays a huge role. If you can point me in a direction it would be much appreciated. Going out their blind would more than likely have me chasing something if that makes sense.