Night Vision Skeet IR L vs UTM

Untelevised.revolution

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2023
Arkansas
In the market for themal. I’ve narrowed my choices down the the Skeet IR L and UTM.

It would be mainly used on a Rattler LT and also used on my 14.5 (Think sub 150 meter engagements).

The smaller size if the Skeet is appealing to me. However the UTM appears to have better performance with the 640 processor.

I dont have any personal experience with either, so would like to hear from those who do.

My experience with the Skeet is almost exclusively as a handheld scanner, as mentioned above. From my personal use case, I believe this is its place in the world.

However, to what you want to know.

What I know of its weapon-mounted capabilities is that you shouldn't expect to be able to use much, if any, magnification. This shouldn't be a problem if your max intended range is 150 and in. As with most clip-on devices, there will very likely be a shift. Training with your gear and understanding/correcting for this shift would be something you'd want to do with any device.

In the market for themal. I’ve narrowed my choices down the the Skeet IR L and UTM.

It would be mainly used on a Rattler LT and also used on my 14.5 (Think sub 150 meter engagements).

The smaller size if the Skeet is appealing to me. However the UTM appears to have better performance with the 640 processor.

I dont have any personal experience with either, so would like to hear from those who do.
A 640 UTM has a better image than the voodoo-S.
The integration of a vis/ir laser with constant on also allows it to be used as a weapon mounted laser

Thanks for the response. Could you elaborate?

Is it a collimation / POI shift issue?

Im still heavily considering the skeet bc of its size in comparison to the utm

There is no demag clip-on mode for the IRL, so you’re going to be zoomed in on a 320res image, and there’s no POA shift settings so you can’t really collimate it. It’s a fantastic value scanner or HMT though.

UTM would be better on a rifle.