• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sling help!

Bigalfromfl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2012
Florida
Hey all, just got into bolt guns. Picked up a FNH TSR XP in .308. I can't figure out what sling to get. I just want something to carry it with. Don't necessarily need a 'shooting' sling like I see with the loops and all. Just something good, that is comfortable to take it on hikes, etc.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Thanks!

For a carry only sling, get one that is comfortable, Brownell's has a great selection on high quality "hunting" slings, usually wider the more comfort can be expected. Look for one that has a "no slip" lining, if your carrying your rifle all day via a sling, the least it slips around the better you'll feel at the end of the day.

Blue Force Gear makes excellent slings. American made with American materials, very high quality. Mounting options and color in spades. Though considered "tactical" the padded versions support heavy rifles very well for carrying, the quick adjustment is a convenient bonus.