• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Slop in Sako/TRG bipod mount?

mtn-goat

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2023
northeast
I recently bought an Elite Iron bipod off a Hide member (great transaction; as always), and it came with the Sako / TRG mount. That seemed ideal, since I am going to use it on a KRG XRay.

When I clicked it in, I found that it has 1-1.5cm of forward/back slop. After poking at it for a bit, it really seems like a design issue, rather than an Elite Iron or KRG issue.

Anyone else have similar experience or thoughts for me?

thanks

relatively rare setup in the big scheme of things,
but I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has experience with it.

So the bipod is Elite Iron and it's nice. I'm just curious if others have had this difficulty with the mount.
I would give Elite Iron a call. They are super helpful. I use one on my AXMC and AT. The AT requires a spigot-type of mount that the bipod attaches to. It was finicky but they helped me get it right.

Reactions: mtn-goat
No experience with elite iron but my brothers trg bipod on his trg42 has a fair amount of slop in it. Same thing when mounted on his tikka in a krg bravo.

Reactions: mtn-goat
Update - since the aluminum Elite Iron bipod is made of ... aluminum, this was trivially easy. For anyone having a similar issue, just note the location of the spring. My hole nicked it by .1mm, which was fine, I could just bend it out of the way a little, but drilling my hole 1mm further back on the mount would have been optimal.

Screw is just an M5 I had lying around; still deciding what size/sort of knob to put on it.

IMG_2673.jpeg

Reactions: XP1K