• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

Small caliber 500 yd steel match?

mulish

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2012
N.Texas

Bruno Shooters Supply

BulletCentral.com

Midsouth Shooters

Grafs.com Shooting Products
500 yd small caliber match ?

I'm interested in holding a small caliber match which would be 223 222. or 222 mag. We will be shooting at steel plates.

Would anybody be interested in shooting in this type of match? I would like to hold one of these every month or at least every other month.

Each shooter will get to shoot two separate 10-shot relays for points. The top eight shooters will then be in a eight-man single elimination bracket to determine the winner. Cash payout to the top shooter if we have enough entries. Each relay you will have 4 minutes to finish 10 shots. The bracket will be shot the same as last time. Scoring , 8 inch Target one point, 5 inch Target two points, 3-in Target three points. Match fee $40 . Do not be late . We will still be shooting Cold bore first thing in the morning as a $10 side pot. Front bipod and rear sandbags used for Shooting . Shooter May shoot from the bench or prone their choice . Acceptable calibers will be 223 . 222. 222 mag. You are allowed your own personal spotter to help you call hits and misses and shot placement. If you do not have one, the official spotter will help you the best they can. ARs are allowed to participate in these matches . Please let me know if you are wanting to participate.

Come prepared to shoot 500 yards. If you send a round down range and do not at least hit the berm which is 6 ft tall and 30 yards wide you will be disqualified from the match. Also the bolt to your rifle must be removed from it at all times except when you are ready to shoot your relay.

These matches will be located in valley view, Texas 76272

Bruno Shooters Supply

BulletCentral.com

Midsouth Shooters

Grafs.com Shooting Products
500 yd small caliber match ?

I'm interested in holding a small caliber match which would be 223 222. or 222 mag. We will be shooting at steel plates.

Would anybody be interested in shooting in this type of match? I would like to hold one of these every month or at least every other month.

Each shooter will get to shoot two separate 10-shot relays for points. The top eight shooters will then be in a eight-man single elimination bracket to determine the winner. Cash payout to the top shooter if we have enough entries. Each relay you will have 4 minutes to finish 10 shots. The bracket will be shot the same as last time. Scoring , 8 inch Target one point, 5 inch Target two points, 3-in Target three points. Match fee $40 . Do not be late . We will still be shooting Cold bore first thing in the morning as a $10 side pot. Front bipod and rear sandbags used for Shooting . Shooter May shoot from the bench or prone their choice . Acceptable calibers will be 223 . 222. 222 mag. You are allowed your own personal spotter to help you call hits and misses and shot placement. If you do not have one, the official spotter will help you the best they can. ARs are allowed to participate in these matches . Please let me know if you are wanting to participate.

Come prepared to shoot 500 yards. If you send a round down range and do not at least hit the berm which is 6 ft tall and 30 yards wide you will be disqualified from the match. Also the bolt to your rifle must be removed from it at all times except when you are ready to shoot your relay.

These matches will be located in valley view, Texas 76272

I might be interested if they were in western Ohio.

I wish more venues (NC / VA / SC) would do simple little matches like this. Easy to set up, cheap to enter, range owner still gets $$, easy to run, easy for youngsters and oldsters. Marksmanship, not athleticism, carries the day.

I'm only aware of DPRC's monthly Precision Rimfire gallery-style match and I've heard rumors that Hawk's Ridge still does something. If there's anything else, I'd like to know...

I wish more venues (NC / VA / SC) would do simple little matches like this. Easy to set up, cheap to enter, range owner still gets $$, easy to run, easy for youngsters and oldsters. Marksmanship, not athleticism, carries the day.

I'm only aware of DPRC's monthly Precision Rimfire gallery-style match and I've heard rumors that Hawk's Ridge still does something. If there's anything else, I'd like to know...
I haven't seen a precision style match where athleticism is a factor unless you're literally crippled.

I've seen relays where you have to change position every shot from prone to supported standing and back again against a time limit. Might not be Hussain Bolt type athleticism, but my tired knees take strain.

I haven't seen a precision style match where athleticism is a factor unless you're literally crippled.
Is this "crippled" enough for you? The scars at three levels of my spine and in my skull don't show as well as the plastic leg. Or maybe the pathetic "crippled" people shouldn't have "easy" matches... or participate in the sport at all?

I don't ask for special accommodation at PRS matches and I've zeroed more than one stage due to my physical limitations, but my ass is still out there working at it. If you think missing limbs and severe osteoarthritis aren't limiting factors, you're a typical under-70 shit-for-brains idiot who probably thought the vets who walked the Normandy beaches on Memorial Day are a bunch of weak-willed pussies because some needed help. Like the clowns who laugh at those of us who use carts because all the life experience they have with physical infirmity could be written on a postage stamp with a piece of charcoal.

I've been young and strong. Now I'm not. Fortunately I have run into very few assholes who denigrate me for it. Your day will come.

IMG_4344.jpeg

Is this "crippled" enough for you? The scars at three levels of my spine and in my skull don't show as well as the plastic leg. Or maybe the pathetic "crippled" people shouldn't have "easy" matches... or participate in the sport at all?

I don't ask for special accommodation at PRS matches and I've zeroed more than one stage due to my physical limitations, but my ass is still out there working at it. If you think missing limbs and severe osteoarthritis aren't limiting factors, you're a typical under-70 shit-for-brains idiot who probably thought the vets who walked the Normandy beaches on Memorial Day are a bunch of weak-willed pussies because some needed help. Like the clowns who laugh at those of us who use carts because all the life experience they have with physical infirmity could be written on a postage stamp with a piece of charcoal.

I've been young and strong. Now I'm not. Fortunately I have run into very few assholes who denigrate me for it. Your day will come.

View attachment 8442532
Age comes for us all. A few of us get some early practice. The kids don’t understand. I didn’t.

Reactions: flogxal

View attachment 8442532
Well then you are literally crippled. Congratulations.

I don't ask for easier matches with less running, no squatting, or leaning in USPSA as I get older. I just deal with it knowing that one day I'll have to stop and maybe move to something else.

Well then you are literally crippled. Congratulations.

I don't ask for easier matches with less running, no squatting, or leaning in USPSA as I get older. I just deal with it knowing that one day I'll have to stop and maybe move to something else.
It would basically be a reasonable response, but why the "congratulations" bullshit, just can't help yourself?
Give the tuff guy bravado persona a rest, if you were such a guy, you wouldn't be trying so hard to put it out there CONSTANTLY....
Pete 😁

It would basically be a reasonable response, but why the "congratulations" bullshit, just can't help yourself?
Give the tuff guy bravado persona a rest, if you were such a guy, you wouldn't be trying so hard to put it out there CONSTANTLY....
Pete 😁
It's called giving what you get