• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Snakes, I Hate Snakes

I get along well enough with snakes. Youve just got to respect their space.

If it bites its dead, no treatment for infection.

If only...it bit him on the arm. So, the scenario is that the guy reaches to lift the lid, the snake uncoils and bites his arm.

Great, one more thing to worry about when you have to take a leak in the middle of the night.

If only...it bit him on the arm. So, the scenario is that the guy reaches to lift the lid, the snake uncoils and bites his arm.

Great, one more thing to worry about when you have to take a leak in the middle of the night.

Its Florida, theyre getting over run with them. Probably came up through the plumbing. Fortunately they dot last well as you move north.

Reactions: Mwalex
Those kind of snakes bite and sometimes won’t let go. Quick way to get them off is to pour something with strong alcohol in, on, and around the snakes mouth. Hand sanitizer works.

We have a snake like that. Not my choice but he’s cool and interesting to watch. Snakes bite, it’s what they do.

Reactions: supercorndogs
So, checking the hog trap, lean down to go through the gate and ..... face to face .... with .....
2016-02-06 11.58.39.jpg

A hog trap with cracked corn attracts mice, which attract visitors like this...

Visitor views trap as Outback Restaurant for him....?

Nice catch. We have rattlers and copperheads that move through looking for a place to eat and hang out. Makes me worry for the stupid dogs that don't know a snake from a moving stick so I lay un-baited rectangular minnow traps along each exterior wall to catch and relocate the poisonous ones. Mostly catch king snakes and let those go in the yard, but have caught a copperhead or two.

Reactions: j-huskey
Tastes like chicken

Or so I've heard. :oops:

More like frog legs than chicken, but deep fried, kinda like chicken.
Soak it in milk overnight or salt water, then wash it well, deep fry. Pain in the .... to eat, too many soft thin bones, and by the time you debone it, not a lot of meat left. Not worth doing twice, or if you take friendly suggestion, not worth doing once. ???

Bunch of pussies... I catch, check for and re.ove any visible parasites and release.

Was released alive and wellView attachment 7086744View attachment 7086745

Ive caught a few myself. Biggest was s 4 foot copperhead I found behind a stone wall I was tearing down. Took him away from civilization and let him go. By the time i got back his/her mate was slithering out so I took it to the same area.

Reactions: Alabusa
Good on you for doing that.

Me showing a friend a copper head's fangsView attachment 7086746

I was at the end of my drive way at dusk one day and reached down to pick up a rock. There was a small Copper right there and he startled me. I drew back and almost smashed him but I swear he said (not in words, but I heard him) I didnt bite you dont kill me, so I stopped. There was an empty 5 gallon bucket right there so I told him "Im going to kick the bucket over and push you into it...so I kicked it over ad the damn thing slithered right in...I put toe top on and took him up into the woods. Damndest thing.

Im getting too old and slow anymore so I dont fuck with them, cant afford a mistake.

Rattlers are ok, reasonably sociable if you dont provoke them but I hate Moccassins and will kill them on site.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Snakes are important to the ecosystem but I don't care to hang out with them. Rattlers were pretty prevalent where I grew up and if you give them space they tend to leave you alone. About the only snake I will go out of my way to kill is a Cottonmouth. They are aggressive and territorial. I have seen them swim up to and try to crawl into boats.

Reactions: Maggot