• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Precision Rifle Gear Snap caps? Any other options on the market besides the a-zoom?

repins05

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2006
Hillsboro, OR
I have used A-zoom for years and haven't had an issue with their snap caps.....until now. Have a 6.5prc and have went through 3 sets of caps. Getting less than 20 shots each on them. A zoom replaced a set free of charge but the same thing happened with the replacement. Recommendations? Preference is to use snap caps versus straight dry fire.

It might sound obvious, but avoid plastic ones. I use snap caps quite a bit, and figured I’d try out plastic ones, being less expensive. Fishing orange plastic shavings out of the action and trigger was my reward.

You can just make some. Use an empty case, fill the empty primer pocket with hot glue and then use a razor to cut it even. Been using them for years and never an issue.

I have used A-zoom for years and haven't had an issue with their snap caps.....until now. Have a 6.5prc and have went through 3 sets of caps. Getting less than 20 shots each on them. A zoom replaced a set free of charge but the same thing happened with the replacement. Recommendations? Preference is to use snap caps versus straight dry fire.

The A-Zoom's I've purchased have been working just fine. Can I ask what failed on your's, any pictures?