• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

So who has done actual groups at 200 with a tavor?

yocan

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2011
Detroit
Due to some considerations I"m debating getting a 16" x95 and a 20" 762. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places here but I couldn't find posts with 5/10 shot groups at 100m much less 200. However being the hide I"m 99% sure someones done it so enlighten me (either with what its done for you or a link because I"m terrible at searching)

Probably the bigger question would be with what ammunition, optic and shooter ability to have consistent fundementals and apply what he observes with environmentals.
The gun is a "combat" arm, so if you are able to apply the above even with ball ammo, hitting the "A" zone on an IDPA or IPSC(maybe lateral C hits on IPSC) is doable.
I had a Tavor years ago and had zero issues on 12" plates up to 300 doing range drills----and that's when on a very hot day in NE NC had some issues with accuracy, though I was having a bad day and later figured out it was that POS Eotech, recalled, replaced and promply sold.
I never "grouped" it other than zero at 50 in which it was like any other carbine.

I haven’t grouped mine at 200 but what groups I have shot are “combat” accurate. It’s on par with an older 16” AR 15 that’s non free floated. Like a colt or MP15.

Reactions: simonp
I haven’t grouped mine at 200 but what groups I have shot are “combat” accurate. It’s on par with an older 16” AR 15 that’s non free floated. Like a colt or MP15.
see thats what I'm expecting and would then see no value to a 7.62 variant a 16" 556 has a point though

Reactions: BCP
I have. A lot of them. With a 16" Tavor 7 at 200 meters, from a bench with bags.

Generally, I found the Tavor 7 surprisingly accurate with several types of ball ammo, especially DM111. Conversely, it sucks with most match ammunition, and showed vertical dispersion that increased significantly with bullet weight. It's a military arm from a military supplier, so it's gassed, twisted, chambered, bored, lined, and triggered for that.

What else do you want to know?

I have. A lot of them. With a 16" Tavor 7 at 200 meters, from a bench with bags.

Generally, I found the Tavor 7 surprisingly accurate with several types of ball ammo, especially DM111. Conversely, it sucks with most match ammunition, and showed vertical dispersion that increased significantly with bullet weight. It's a military arm from a military supplier, so it's gassed, twisted, chambered, bored, lined, and triggered for that.

Probably group size.

ironically, i have had different results with the 556 tavor platform than your 308 version. i have 2 x 95's and the older version. i have tried many different ammo in mine, all 3 of them, trying to shoot "precision style" (bipod and rear bag) some with quality 5-25 scopes and lately with a NF nx8 1-8

in all 3 of my tavors, i found all the ball ammo i tried, 55 grain stuff, to be 4" or bigger at 100 yds. i found corbon 77 gr match ammo to shoot the best, with the old prime 77 gr match ammo in second place, and fgmm 77 gr to shoot pretty good, 1.5" ish at 100 yds. the prvi partizan 75 gr match ammo shoots really badly in all my tavors and ar's. older hornady match 75 ammo did ok, 2" ish at 100. any other 75 gr hornady ammo did not perform as well as the above 77 gr match ammo.

in my "testing" almost all 77 gr match ammo shot a lot better than 55 gr ammo, i did try many others in the 77 gr match version, fiochi is quality stuff for sure, iwi and black hills did well, norma was good. corbon and the old prime brand are the best in all my 223/556 rifles. i will be sad when i run out. sadly, i really like the price on the prvi 75 gr match stuff and bought a few cases only to discover it was very sub par in any rifle. i just use it for plinking now

Last edited:
Due to some considerations I"m debating getting a 16" x95 and a 20" 762. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places here but I couldn't find posts with 5/10 shot groups at 100m much less 200. However being the hide I"m 99% sure someones done it so enlighten me (either with what its done for you or a link because I"m terrible at searching)

Friends try not to talk about this rifle’s accuracy among friends.

Meanwhile you'll trip over 10 ar barrels sold for $300 or less that will shoot sub-moa while you're trying to find ammo to get that thing to shoot 3moa.

Larping is an expensive hobby I guess..
i should have mentioned that most of all the 223 match ammo i tried in the tavors did very very well in my "precision" ar with a nice JP match barrel, the corbon and old ruag prime would shoot in that .5 ish moa range in a good barrel. the prvi 75 grain shot crappy in everything. however, the hornady 75 gr hpbt match ammo was easily sub moa thru my JP barrel. I am no fan of hornady brass so clearly the hornady 75 gr bullet is far superior to what ever crap prvi is using. i tried my ass off to get my tavors to shoot under 1 moa and it was just not happening, i think it is just the way the barrel sits in the receiver more than anything

Last edited:
Friends try not to talk about this rifle’s accuracy among friends.
that and suppressor blowback on them are my 2 biggest negatives,,otherwise, i really like my tavors. very stable to shoot off hand. i kept hoping someone would make a nice replacement match barrel for them but never found one. why they wouldn't put an adjustable gas block in them defies logic. that would be sweet. maybe it can't be done since it is using that piston design

It’s an odd design with all sorts of things touching the barrel.

It’s like a giant Glock wherein the designers were too tired to put any finesse into the barrel layout.
exactly. stock barrel might be a decently accurate barrel if it weren't for that weirdness. but,,, i still like it. i also looked into ways to make it float better and it became just too much of a project and i moved on

exactly. stock barrel might be a decently accurate barrel if it weren't for that weirdness. but,,, i still like it. i also looked into ways to make it float better and it became just too much of a project and i moved on

There’s also the issue of the optic mounting right onto what probably is the hottest part of the rifle…

Even with a riser (on the IDF model) interrupting the path, heat transmission was considerable - despite never being put through heavy use.

I have not.

But I think airstrikes do not need lawyers from the Toronto Dominion.

#proctorandgamble

Attachments

• Mematic_20230914_141142.jpg
    Mematic_20230914_141142.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 13