Spearpoint Ranch - RV Facilities?

Colereed22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2023
Missouri
Next month will be my first time at Spearpoint, do they have places to park a camper? Wet or dry isn’t a problem. Also any gear suggestions that may be easily overlooked for shooting there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Most recently, they haven’t had a place to plug in, but I know Gene has brought his smallish 5th wheel there before. Give Steve a call though. With with new bunkhouse, there’s less space than before.

Reactions: Colereed22
I got a call back from them, plenty of room for RV to park just no hookups. Thanks for the help. Anything I should know before going to first shoot? For this time to try it out I’ll be shooting my hunting rig. 7/300 Norma with nightforce atacr. My ballistics are similar to 338 with the 195s. I have a 2000 yd range to shoot on but that’s as far as we have in my area. Just don’t want to show up and be missing something important or look stupid lol

I got a call back from them, plenty of room for RV to park just no hookups. Thanks for the help. Anything I should know before going to first shoot? For this time to try it out I’ll be shooting my hunting rig. 7/300 Norma with nightforce atacr. My ballistics are similar to 338 with the 195s. I have a 2000 yd range to shoot on but that’s as far as we have in my area. Just don’t want to show up and be missing something important or look stupid lol
Have your dope, know your holds, bring plenty of ammo, get ready to meet some good people, have fun and learn a lot. It is always a learning experience, have fun and even if you suck at it nobody but you will care. Learn what you can (every time I shot there everyone was super helpful and friendly and provided a lot of good pointers). You might want to look at your group sizes at various distances to have an idea of how far you can push it on the "know your limits" (decreasing in size discs at I think it was 900 yards when I shot it last if I remember correctly). Wind can be a kick in the rear there some times (it is Kansas after all). They put on a good match that is challenging for everyone and a lot of fun!

I'm sure some of the pro's will add in.

I wish I could go. I miss shooting there and really had a lot of fun when I shot there with @Short-bus. Ask them if they remember the guy that used the vise grips to shoot half a match after his bolt knob broke off.:eek:;)

Have your dope, know your holds, bring plenty of ammo, get ready to meet some good people, have fun and learn a lot. It is always a learning experience, have fun and even if you suck at it nobody but you will care. Learn what you can (every time I shot there everyone was super helpful and friendly and provided a lot of good pointers). You might want to look at your group sizes at various distances to have an idea of how far you can push it on the "know your limits" (decreasing in size discs at I think it was 900 yards when I shot it last if I remember correctly). Wind can be a kick in the rear there some times (it is Kansas after all). They put on a good match that is challenging for everyone and a lot of fun!

I'm sure some of the pro's will add in.

I wish I could go. I miss shooting there and really had a lot of fun when I shot there with @Short-bus. Ask them if they remember the guy that used the vise grips to shoot half a match after his bolt knob broke off.:eek:;)
Thank you, that was my assumption. Main purpose for going was to make friends and gather information before diving in to a real setup

Reactions: stefan73