• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Spotting Scopes with Reticles?

does any scope manufacturer make a spotting scope with a reticle with hash marks?
Yes, many. Just off the top of my head:

Leupold Mk4 (I have, I like)
Bushnell LMSS (I've looked through, I like)
Swarovski (looked through, too poor)
Hensoldt (looked through, definitely too poor)
Burris (haven't looked through)

I would say Vortex, but they're fucking stupid, and don't sell a spotter with reticle for whatever reason. You have to buy the spotting scope and then a separate eye piece with a reticle etched in there. Yes, they have 2 monoculars with reticles, but no spotting scopes.

Additionally:

Screenshot_20211003-124008_Chrome.jpg

First article that came up:

Last edited:
I would say Vortex, but they're fucking stupid, and don't sell a spotter with reticle for whatever reason. You have to buy the spotting scope and then a separate eye piece with a reticle etched in there.
Not stupid, allows for versatility when you want to use it for viewing but don’t need a reticle. Less expensive than buying two separate units. While I have an older model Vortex with their first reticle eyepiece, the negatives for that unit is that the reticle is not centered in your field of view and the eyepiece limits the overall power of the unit to 30x if I recall correctly.

It’s completely retarded to not sell one with the eyepiece you want, instead of making you buy a second.
“Do you want this? That? Or both?”
No, instead, if you want that, you’re forced to have both. I’ll never buy one for that reason alone.

Reactions: RRW
Bushnell also makes a model cheaper than the LMSS. Reticle very similar to the Loopy above.

Not a Swaro or Henny and works for spotting.

Pretty sure @Steel head has a vid of spotting trace with one.
My bushy T has been pretty good for the $$$
Even for ELR use.

Reactions: powdahound76
Leupold Mk4 (I have, I like)
I too like my Mk4 12-40 with mil reticle.

I did have an opportunity to look thru a Swarovski with mil reticle and it was quite something wonderful optically. Also, huge. Also, I'm too poor for it also! hahaha

I have the TMR reticle in it and I'm very happy with it for my limited purposes

1633286242005.png

Reactions: camocorvette
I ended up with a Vortex Razor HD with mil reticle, and I am more than happy with it.

I did compare a Swaro and the Razor side by side, and if I wasn't such a cheap bastard, I would've ended up with the Swaro lol.

Reactions: Baron23