• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SPR MK12 MOD0

magfed308

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2007
kommifornia
<span style="font-weight: bold">SPR MK12MOD 0,
With sling, Full 30rnd Mag, BiPod.
12.6lbs

SPECS

White Oak SPR SS 18" 1:7 Barrel w/M4 ramps
White Oak Gas Tube
PRI GEN III Free Float Forearm
PRI M84 Gas Buster Charging Handle
VLTOR MUR-1A Upper Reciever
VLTOR VC-1 Flash Hider
A.R.M.S. Inc. SPR-PEQ-2-3 Swan Sleeve
A.R.M.S. Inc. 22 30mm Scope Rings (QD)
A.R.M.S. Inc. 40 BUIS
A.R.M.S. Inc. 22 TRC Ring Cap
A.R.M.S. Inc. 22 TRR Tactical Ring Rail
MAGPUL CTR Adjustable Stock
MAGPUL CTR Rubber Butt pad
MAGPUL Enhanced Trigger Guard
SIERRA PRECISION GRIP
BCM Bolt (MPI)
BCM Extractor Upgrade / Rebuild Kit
VERSA POD Bipod / Model 2
VERSA POD Picatinny Rail Adapter
COLT Bolt Carrier / Staked
COLT Firing Pin
D.P.M.S. Inc. Lower Reciever
KNS Antiwalk Trigger Group Pins
YHM Front Flip Sight / Gas Block
JP AR-15 Adjustable Match Trigger Group
AR-15 Barrel Nut
LEUPOLD MARK4 M3 4-10 x 40 Illuminated Mildot
</span>

Picture264.jpg

Picture263.jpg

Picture266.jpg

Picture268.jpg

Picture270.jpg

Re: SPR MK12 MOD0

Nice rifle. I like the feel (and look) of the MOD 0 over MOD 1, but MOD 0's about 1 lb heavier though when built to mil-spec. Anybody who's had to carry gear knows how much a difference a pound can make, LOL... Anyway post some targets when you get a chance and let us know how it shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's up with the angular position of the scopes illumination rheostat?
It doesn't look like any Leupold I've ever seen.

How has it shot so far?
(Looks great) </div></div>

It's the earlier version before they canted it at a 45 degree angle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a Sierra Precision Grip, not a MIAD.

Pretty cool. Any plans for the correct front sight and Ops Inc Brake? </div></div>

You are right. Changed it. I copied and pasted from an earlier list before I changed the grip. Good eye

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edwin907</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You mean the Mod0 is heavier.
I'd love to have that grip, but I'm a lefty.
My Krieger barreled Mod0 is the most accurate semi auto I have ever had.

OPS3.jpg

</div></div>

Heck of a nice first post! Is that the shorter collar from ADCO? Doesn't look like it's riding up against the PRI front sight. Have one on the way for mine.

OP: beautiful rifle. Sorry that you are a subject of the PRK. Unfortunately they don't allow threaded barrels in your part of the not-so-free world so the Ops Inc brake would be out. Still, congrats for a great job. Looking forward to when mine is done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I beat the dog shit out of a PRI GEN3 with recce rail for 6000 rounds easy,Never had an issue with it and no loktite.

Was you problem on one weapon or multiple weapons?

</div></div>

Multiple weapons, and fleetwide, as Crane culled the Mod 0's...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I beat the dog shit out of a PRI GEN3 with recce rail for 6000 rounds easy,Never had an issue with it and no loktite.

Was you problem on one weapon or multiple weapons?

</div></div>

Multiple weapons, and fleetwide, as Crane culled the Mod 0's...

</div></div>
I did my own build,maybe that's why I have no problems ,to bad a tube of loktight got in the way of a killer weapons plateform.

All you guys scrapin these mod12 lmk I could use another tube and rail!

BTW
Nice build to the original thread starter !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is that the shorter collar from ADCO? Doesn't look like it's riding up against the PRI front sight.</div></div>
I've had almost all of my Ops collars machined (trimmed down in the rear) so my 12th MBS indexed correctly. Ron Allen is a great dude, but I don't know why on earth that issue hasn't been addressed from day 1 by him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Heck of a nice first post! Is that the shorter collar from ADCO? Doesn't look like it's riding up against the PRI front sight. Have one on the way for mine.
</div></div>

It's the PRI front sight, it's one of the shorter earlier ones that works properly with the standard OPS 12th collar.
I do know about shortening the collar for newer builds, I had to do just that to the LaRue Tactical low profile gas block on my 18" Douglas SPR barrelled Mod "1-ish" upper so the collar would ride on the step in the barrel.

USO10X3.jpg