• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Spuhr vs Badger Ordance vs ? Rings for AR-10 & S&B 3-20

redhead522

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2010
Hey guys,

I have a Les Baer AR-10 308 and am about to purchase a S&B PMII 3-20x50 scope. The only thing I'm still undecided about are the rings. I want a one piece mount that has some MOA cant. I don't care about Quick Detachable rings, so I'll probably save the $ and avoid the GDI mounts. That being said, which rings would you recommend?

The main two I've heard about are Spuhr and Badger Ordnance. I'm looking for quality. I'll pay a little more for a quality product.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
David Richey

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm partial to Badger and have them on my bolt guns as well as my GAP10.

I have also used Seekins in the past which you might want to take a look at.

Good luck in your quest.

Last edited:
I've used many badger ordnance products and they are definitely very well made. That being said I prefer the spuhr mounts, I just sold one but I'll be ordering another soon. If you're comparing the badger 1 piece to the spuhr keep in mind the spuhr costs twice as much. With the spuhr you gain attachment points for accessories (I believe they include 1 rail section) and the bubble level although you can still order ring caps with various mounting options for the badger. The other advantage you gain with the spuhr is the leveling wedge, which makes scope mounting very quick and easy. I think if you're going to be running accessories like an ACI or a micro red dot or both the spuhr would be a good choice, if not you could just get the badger and save $200.

if you 'd like to use accessories and look for a great unimount,take a look at era-tac ,a german company ;you could contact them directly,they have always been very helpful with me!

Cool. I'll tell you, the guys at Badger are top notch. They've really helped me out along the way when I called them for things before deployments or schools. Mark LaRue used to do this, but seems to have gotten too big.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I've used many badger ordnance products and they are definitely very well made. That being said I prefer the spuhr mounts, I just sold one but I'll be ordering another soon. If you're comparing the badger 1 piece to the spuhr keep in mind the spuhr costs twice as much. With the spuhr you gain attachment points for accessories (I believe they include 1 rail section) and the bubble level although you can still order ring caps with various mounting options for the badger. The other advantage you gain with the spuhr is the leveling wedge, which makes scope mounting very quick and easy. I think if you're going to be running accessories like an ACI or a micro red dot or both the spuhr would be a good choice, if not you could just get the badger and save $200.
Very good advice here. Spuhr to accessorize, Badger if running slick.

I also feel the Near Alpha mount is the best money can buy. The Spuhr are also nice with the option of adding accessories. The mounts I run on my AR's w/S&B scopes are the ADM Recon mounts. They are QD, but still good and hold zero quite well.

Alpine, Higher tolerances than who?

As far as I am aware there is no manufacturer who actually published their drawings with The tolerances.......
So i don't have any clue who makes The mount with The highest tolerances......

I would be interested to know how you know?